36

Just A Little Bit Lost

~~

Photo Cred: Idk

~~~

( Your Pov )

~~

Maybe.

Just maybe though...

I thought as I stared at the trees that now surrounded me from all angles,going in without a plan might have been the worst thing I've done. I sighed before continuing on my way through the large trees,for some odd reason it hadn't occurred to me to use my sense of smell to at least pinpoint Daryl location, direction wise, before I completely ran in for who knows how long until I lost all sense of direction.

"Fuck I'm stupid."

I paused my steps and closed my eyes,I need to smell just something to give me some form of direction ,I tried my hardest to smell ,technically Daryl although that sounded really strange in my head.All I can smell is the surrounding plants and the fucking dirt! I glared at the ground but a ray of hope appeared when my ear suddenly twitched at the sound of a crossbow striking into a tree.The sound was barely noticeable but it definitely stood out against the light rustling of the trees from the soft wind or the animals that could be heard moving around.

"Still,"I turned to face the direction he was in,"He's far from me,if he starts moving again it'll take forever to catch up." I heard the crossbow get pulled out of the tree,He's on the move already.

"Oh well,"I gripped onto a knife as I began to run through the forest as quickly as I could,with each tree that passed I began to notice that some of them had colored fabric attached to them.

I had begun to ignore it but as I went on more and more appeared ,and out of habit they are what I began to search for

Lori and Carol did state that everyone else had gone into the woods,maybe this is just there way of ensuring they wouldn't get lost,At a certain point the colored cloths had suddenly changed from being Red to a Greenish color,not to far from where I was I could hear familiar voices chatting of nothing. I recognized it as TDogg and Andrea, the idea to stop and talk to them,possibly even get a clearer answer to where Daryl was, crossed my mind. I went against the idea though as I heard who I assumed to be Daryl moving farther and farther away,I have no time to stop.

With my decision I sped off causing a bit of noise as I had stumbled into an area with a bunch of breakable branches and crunchy leaves covering the entirety of the floor,hope Tdogg and Andrea didn't hear that. With a shrug I continued running, thankfully now away from the noisy floor, and I finally smiled at the sudden scent of Daryl.

Ya ,saying that still sounds weird.

I couldn't help it though,more often than not when I was around him he always seemed to be so very close, and whenever he hugged me his hold was one that could stay in place for hours on end. Besides his scent was distinct to me,Glenn smelled like the idiot he was ,Shane smelled like a sweaty asshole, and Daryl- its indescribably but it was pleasant and ,in a strange way it was kind of intoxicating. If I had to find the group through a huge maze,the easiest and first for me to find would probably Daryl cause of his scent, Shane would also definitely be last cause he an ass and he deserves to be lost.

With me now tracking Daryl by scent and ear I raised my eyebrow in curiosity when I heard him pause in movement before hoping off of what I believed to be a horse and walking somewhere.It didn't seem that he moved far but wherever he went his scent suddenly dissappeared,what the fuck?