45

Not So Secret

~~~

A/N: I know Shane & Andrea head straight to the lead on Sophia, but I made it so they went back to camp real quick before taking off again. Sorry if it bugs you

~~

(Ricks' POV)

"Hershel expects us to leave...!?" I froze in the moment at the question before turning back to see my wife with worried expression. I didn't answer. After a few silent seconds, and she easily figured out the answer. Her worried expression now carried anger as I looked away. "Does anyone else know?"

With a sigh, I looked at her. "Not yet."

She looks passed me to see TDogg. Thankfully, we were quiet enough to not be heard by anyone. She turned back to me with a simple question resting on her lips,"Were you going to tell me?"

"Of course."

Hearing my response had no hesitation made her meet my eyes with uncertainty. 'Had I responded far too quickly?' She sent me a soft glare, trying to read my eyes, but I refused to made eye contact with her. "When? When were you going to say something and, how-... How long have you known about this?"

With another sigh, I tossed her a look before returning to looking own at my hands. "Not long." Before she could open her mouth, I looked up and continued. "Look, you don't have to worry about this-?"

"How do you expect me not to worry about this...?" I swallowed the lump in my throat. "We have shelter here, food, and-and water. Hell, we have medical care here, how could you tell me not to worry?"

"Look," I fully turned to her and it grabbed her attention. "I've been talking to Hershel, slowly, an' besides it's not carved in stone-!"

She quickly cut me off with wide eyes. "He thinks it is. We have to fix this, people are settling in here, they'll be devastated."

"I know, I'm working on it!"

"Look, maybe I can talk to him too and plead our case."

I quickly shook my head at her idea and I motioned over to where Hershel resided. ''No-No, things are uneasy at the moment. The best thing to do right now is to give Hershel some space." I watched her eyes fill with even more worry as she shook her head at my words. "Don't look at me like that..." I placed my hands onto her shoulders as she questioned what I meant. "You're looking at me like your scared, like you don't trust me. I can handle it from everyone in this group, but not from you."

She shook her head as she lightly pulled away from my hold. "I don't understand how you could keep something like this from me in the first place." I sighed and internally rolled my eyes. 'We're back to this topic again?' "Carl's barely on his feet, Sophia is still missing, and then Daryl, TDogg and Y/N are hurt. How can we leave?"

'Y/N seems perfectly fine to me.'

I shook my head of those thoughts as I tried to think of something to convince her with, but nothing came up in my head. 'The truth will have to do....' With a shake of my head, I spoke."I don't want to leave either, especially with what we're dealing with, but if we have to go, I'll do whatever I can to make sure that you and Carl are safe. We'll get by. We will."

She nodded softly. "Okay..."

I kissed her forehead before my eyes moved their focus back to the table where the guns rested. With a sigh, I looked up straight ahead of me to see Y/N starring straight at me and Lori. I looked over to lori. 'She hasn't noticed her yet.' My eyes widened once I fully realized Y/N could have heard everything. 'Did she hear everything-... No. Not from that far, it's not possible, but...'