51

Nebraska: Part 2

~~~

A/N:Lori sucks at driving, that's what I've learned

~~

( Glenn POV )

~~~

At this point we were stood waiting at the front door, no matter what we said Hershel still sat in that bar stool prepared to keep drinking and possibly never get back. God dammit, I looked at Rick who's eyes remained attached to Hershel's back,"So what now? We can't drag him out of here, do we wait till he passes out or-"

"Just go!"

We both turned to him in surprise ,he'd be mostly mellow and silent until now, even though he still doesn't turn to look at us very much , "We can't leave, we promised Maggie that we'd bring you back."

To this he genuinely laughed which scared me to instinctively step backwards, is this really coming from him or the alcohol that hes basically been scarfing down. My body froze as he spoke in a sharp sarcastic tone," You mean like you promised that little girl?"

Rick's eyes widened, it wasn't just me who couldn't believe what he had just said, and Rick began to make his way over to Hershel,"And what's your plan? Finish that bottle? Drink yourself to death and leave your two girls alone!?"

I flinched as he slammed his glass down onto the bar, I'm surprised he didn't break it,"NO!" HE quickly got off the bar stool and turned to face Rick with a glare,"Stop telling me how to care for my family and my farm! You people are like the plague!" We both stepped back as he got closer,"I do the christian thing and let you rotten people come in. I give you shelter! And you DESTROY IT ALL!"

"The world was already a mess when we met-"

"And You!" he pointed straight at his face,"Take NO RESPONSIBILITY! You're supposed to be their Leader!"

"Well I'm here now! Aren't I !?" It went silent after that, Hershel kept mumbling "Yes" under hi breath before slowly moving back and turning until he laded right back at his seat at the bar. Now seated his hand quickly found his glass cup where his drink was still waiting for him. With a sigh Rick walked over and placed his hand on Hershel's shoulder, "Now come on, your girls need you now more than ever-"

Hershel moved slowly, almost sluggishly but he managed to push Ricks hand off of him, and with that anger back in his eyes he turned to look at Rick,"I didn't want to believe you, you told me there was no cure and that these people were dead, not sick! I chose not to believe that! But- but when Shane shot Lou in the chest and she kept coming...that's when I knew what an ass I'd been! That Annette had been dead long ago and I was just feeding a rotten corpse! That's when I knew there was no hope!" He paused to stare at Rick,"And when that little girl came out of the barn..the look on your face...I know you knew it too. Right?"

Rick opened his mouth to speak but he quickly shut it and avoided Hershels eyes.

"There is no hope. And you know it now, like I do."

( Shane POV )

This is the last one. With grunts coming from me and TDogg we both sighed as all the walkers we would burn were finally piled up and ready to go. This would have been easier if Y/N didn't suddenly disappear.....worry started to settle in my chest so I looked around and saw Daryl far away from the house. She must be over there. I quickly realized she wasn't as Daryl moved away from where he was,collecting something off the floor and moving to a different part of the land. "TDogg,where's Y/N?"