16

A Group Divided : Part 3

~~~

( Your POV )

~~

A/N: Originally Glenn and TDogg are in a car driving to Hershel's house but I changed it to them walking there for what I wrote to happen,sorry if that bothers you.

~~~

We had almost made it,at least I thought so.I've definetely never been around here before,its kinda nice.I had stepped forward ,unknowingly, into a dead walkers crushed head,Well,nice ,minus the whole dead walker trying to eat off live flesh thing.

"This is what I get for not watching where I was going,"I groaned in obvious annoyance as I used the hilt of my shot gun to push the remains of the skull off my boot.

"Guys,I think we're here."

Having achieved in removing the corpse's severed limb from my boot I looked up to see Glenn looking at a mail box.They must have told him what the mailbox said and looked like."That's good,let's keep going.Its already dark."

Turning back to me he nodded before letting TDogg walk infront of us,with hin in front if anything happened to try and attack him I'd see.Glenn was ,I guess, in charge of actually leading us or atleast telling us which direction to go.I really do hope he knows where he's going though,I also hope that these people weren't lying.I sighed internally as I raised my shotgun in a protective manner,my job was,well,like always, to protect the group.It seemed that's all I'm good for,but....

"Just follow me ,alright?" She only nodded as I felt her small hand gripping onto the back of my clothing for dear life.I hate the woods.Used to love em,at this point though,fuck nature.

I continued forward attempting to see where I was headed through the endless darkness,the huge amount of leaves on each tree made it almost impossible for the moon to light up anything.I reached forward to realize I had walked into a tree,I glared at it.Fuck you tree.

Suddenly I felt a movement beneath me,fuck is this tree alive? I shook my head to clear my thoughts.Acting quickly I threw my knife blindly at it but quickly the movement stopped,after searching the ground a bit I picked up my knife then turned around to face Sophia."Let's stop here for now,you need to get some rest.Iv'e been dragging you all around."

I felt her nod before she plopped herself onto the ground and next to the tree,as discreetly as I could I kicked away the dead whatever it was before standing in front of her as a guard."Y/N?"

At her soft voice I looked down at her form,"What is it?"

"What happens when you turn..into...one of them?"

I lowered myself onto the floor in front of her,I sat on top of my legs before answering,"Well,I guess you.. die..sweetie."

Was that the right thing to say to a kid? Well I guess this is the only way she'll become strong and learn how to take care of herself."Do you- umm...."

"Do I what?"

I saw her look up at me,but the darkness didnt allow me to see what emotions her eyes held,fear ,possibly."Do you know if,if it hurts?" I tilted my head to the side in confusion,"W-when you get bit and the-then sick..does,does it hurt?"

"I wouldn't know sweetie,I think it feels like a really bad cold,like a bad case of the sniffles.That is until your last moments which are covered in peace and you just ,feel yourself..go."