57

The Time To Regroup

~~~

A/N:Sorry its late but I'm trying to salvage my Chemistry grade, it's not working

~~

( Your POV )

Once everyone was buried and I'd decorated their graves with flowers and rocks I entered the deserted Greene house. It felt strange being in here alone but there was nothing I could do about that. Why couldn't they just listen to me and run from the start, no one had to die this time...

Shaking my head I happened to pass by a mirror and realized my clothing was destroyed, the back of my shirt had burned off cause of the fire and the sleeves had tears from the walkers through them,same with my pants, which left burn marks scattered across my skin while the claw marks had healed by now. My leather vest, lower face cover and waist holster was still usable, kinda, but the holster on my back had partially melted with the heat, my shirt and pants were ruined and my boots had small holes now. "God dammit."

I can't go looking for them without something covering me up.

I looked away from the mirror and to the floor.

This house has clothes,and with the women it must have sewing stuff right?

It felt wrong to go through their things but I highly doubt they'd ever think of coming back. With that in mind I headed upstairs to their bedrooms and easily found different clothing pieces and even some rolled up fabric that I ended up ripping apart into different pieces for a long coat. I found a thick long sleeve shirt, but it wasn't similar in color to my last one," Oh well, guess I'll have to make do with this f/c shirt." I shook my head at the color but continued my search for pants, that was easy and somehow I got them to fit me. I had a wide selection for boots but I went for mid calf boots in black leather that had straps pulled across them. With everything picked out I piled it up and carried it in my arms before heading into the bathroom, I decided to shower to remove the blood,grime, and soot that had buried itself into my flesh. Once there I dropped everything on the floor and began to peel off my ruined clothes, everything that was ruined I trashed while I kept my belt,vest and face mask. Before I could step foot into the bath where I had already turned the water on I caught my eyes on the mirror again as I stared at myself, I slowly turned around to look at my back and I instinctively moved my hair up and away.

"Wait..what's that?"

I squinted as I stared at my reflection, at the back of my neck, right where my head of hair began there were two punctures surrounded by black and purple. If it wasn't for me someone seeing it I would have never even noticed, it almost looks like..bruising? I kept my hair away from covering it up and I got closer to the mirror, my hip slamming against the sink without me even noticing.Swallowing the lump in my throat I faced my back towards the mirror again to get a good view on my neck.

My eyes widened as the two punctures became perfectly clear to my eyes,"No."

One of my hands reached back and touched the two holes, it was bruised, the skin around the two circles inflamed and vividly infected to the point that around the two holes it was pitch black,"These...these are injection holes."

"~The infection has already spread to everyone's systems,the second someone in your group dies,it wont matter if they've been bit or scratched.This sickness is already inside waiting for the moment of death and no matter what they will come back.~"