58

​​​​​​ No Winter Lasts Forever,

Spring Always Comes

~~~

A/N: Hey I updated on time,yay <3

~~

( Your POV )

I knew what direction the group was at , and I could easily locate where they were headed or going without much effort. If I needed to it wouldnt be hard to find them but I had a choice to make.

Now that I knew the possibility of SM being alive was atleast not a far fetched hope, I had to try and find him. Once I'd packed up whatever I'd need, mostly weapons that I made or collected or found and put into a bag I stole from the Greene house. And having a completely new outfit I set out to the road and faced the direction the group had gone in based off their left over scent.

I'd made the decision to go my own way, even if it meant the group thinking I was dead.

"We'll meet again soon, but I have my own mission first. Forgive me Carl,Daryl, guys.."

I got on a bike I'd found, turned it in the opposite direction and rushed off.

( Carl POV )

~ 7/8 months later ~

After that day things changed in a major way and we began to travel around, digging through buildings for supplies, taking care of my mom who over the months grew more weak as her pregnancy went on. Eventually we all changed clothing somewhat for the winter that came over us, with the cold we had to look for more supplies as well and look for temporary shelters now and then. There were times we'd travel through the night but when it got too cold we knew we had to have shelter for my mom. We traveled far from the farm house location and my hope for Y/N meeting up with us grew dim. I know shes still alive but how that we've traveled so much,I dont think she can find us anymore.

I missed her everyday, so did Daryl and the rest of the group that brought her up now and then in conversation, but they all had the same thought as the days passed. She was dead. While he kept the photo that had been hidden in her coat thing I kept the coat that I wore everyday over my new clothing. Though I rarely put the hood on as my hat got in the way for it, it made me feel safe because Y/N said it would protect me.

And it did.

Whenever walkers were around and got to close something about her coat thing made them pause after getting really close. It gave me time to get away or shoot them.

Y/N please come back soon.

"Alright ,you two ready?" My dad looked back at me ,TDogg and Daryl with our weapons up ,after we nodded he rushed forward and kicked down the door to a home. Two walkers stood in the front,he shot the closest one while TDogg ran in and stabbed the one in the back straight through his forhead. They both walked in first ,then Dary and finally me , I kept my gun up and I looked at both sides of the building making sure there weren't any other walkers.

"Theres no others."

"Ok,let's make this quick."

I went with my dad while TDogg and Daryl split up , it was dark further into the building so my dad eventually had to pull out a flashlight. I stayed behind watching my dads back as he stepped into a small corridor where he had found a closed door at the end of it. It was silent and all I could hear was my dads slow footsteps. He stopped short of the door and with his gun up, I looked at him as he wrapped his hand around the doornob , I felt my breathing stop as he yanked it open and then I let out a quiet laugh. On the other side was Daryl with his bow raised ready to attack, I wish Y/N could have seen this, she'd laugh for sure. I left after that to explore another part of the house that was upstairs,I'd thought I heard movement so I kept my gun raised up in front of me. Turning a corner I came across a white door.