12

The Two Who Are Missing

~~~

(Ricks POV)

~~

Making it back to where I left Sophia I realized she was gone,panic set it,Had she made it back to the others? I looked all around the area searching for some sign of her but I came up with nothing.I had begun to make my way back up,believing she had gone that way,when I found Glenn,Daryl and Shane walking in my direction,"Shane?"

He paused in his step,looking over at me,"Rick,"he looked all around me searching,"Where's Sophia?"

Before I could answer Glenn stepped in front of Shane,"Where's Y/N? Is she with Sophia?" I sighed under my breath as I walked and slid back into the water from before and pointed at the spot covered by branches slouching over and into the water."I left Sophia there,and honest,I don't know where Y/N is."

Daryl walked down into the water with me before leaning into the small semi-secluded area I had left Sophia in,realizing it was empty he looked back at me,"You sure this is the spot?"

I motioned over to the spot,"I left her right here,"I then looked up and over to where I had ran before with the walkers chasing after me,"I took the walkers way out in that direction,up the creek.By the time I got back she was gone,I figured she just took off and ran back to the group.I told her go that way and to keep the sun on her left shoulder."

"Assuming she knows her left from her right-" I cut off Shane by saying Fine,he only continued talking."Listen I understand you're scared but she had her close call with two walkers I doubt she even understood what you were talkin about."

Before he could go any further Daryl grabbed our attention,pointing into the dirt,"There's a clear trail right here,"hope.I walked over to see it for myself,"she did like you said and headed back for the highway.Let's spread out,she couldn't have gotten to far from the highway!"

Shane helped both me and Daryl out of the water,"We're gonna find her,she's probably hiding out in a bush or something,"we continued walking forward.Daryl in the front of us three as he was the best when it came to tracking.

"Guys,what if she got lost and maybe found Y/N?" Shane looked over at Glenn who was obviously worried for the two,I placed my hand on his shoulder causing him to jump a bit,"What if they're both lost?"

Shane finally spoke,though he didn't sound to happy at all to be speaking about Y/N,"If that girl's as good as she thinks she is then they'll both be fine.I wouldn't be surprised if she got lost."

Daryl suddenly stopped walking and crouched down onto the floor,Shane joined him happy to escape the conversation,"Everythin was just fine till right here,all she had to do was keep goin but,"he looked down at the trail before pointing to the right,"she veered off that way.Why would she do that?"

Shane looked off in the direction Daryl had pointed before looking back at Daryl with a conclusion,"Maybe she saw somethin, somethin that spooked her n made her run off." "I see no footprints." Looking back up at me Shane sighed,"So what do we do? Tell em what we found?"

I shook my head,I'm not giving up on finding this child.I motioned over to Glenn,"It's best if you and Glenn get back up to the highway,before they start panicking."Shane seemed unsure,before he could comment I continued,"Tell them me and Daryl are on our way,following a trail, doing everything we can to keep everybody calm."

Shane nodded,it was the best plan of action for our current situation.If Y/N did find Sophia when she ran off in a different direction,then all we had to do was find where Y/N went. "I'll keep em busy scavenging through cars,there'll be a few other chores."He gave me a nod,"I'll keep em occupied."