19

Halloween Special! Kinda..Im late😅

Sophia..

~~~

(Your POV)

~~

I held her in my arms ,tightly ,with our bodies pressed up against the tree,once I was sure the multiple feet had walked far enough to not notice Sophia,which took a very long time, I slowly unwrapped my arms from her.Even with her not pressed against my chest she refused to open her eyes or even make the most mininal movement in fear.I sniffed the air,some blood evident but I believed it to be the floor the walkers had crossed over,Ok good,they're gone.

For now at least.

I sighed realizing the mess I had gotten myself into,still,it's not like I could have left her alone,faces flashed through my mind as I had closed my eyes for a second.Death,Loss...abondonment..Before I could continue with my "helpful" thoughts,Sofia suddenly pushed herself against me causing me to fall backwatds onto the floor.Her body was shaking as she fumbled to wrap her small arms around me."Sophia?"

No answer.

I leaned closer to her head and pressed a small kiss to the top of her head before furrowing my brows,She smells like-like-I slowly leaned closer and sniffed her,Did she-I shook my head violently,No,I must have left my walker sent on her,she's fine.

That was enough to calm myself down so,with Sophia attached to my torso,I slowly ,and carefully,sat up before struggling to make it into my two feet without hurting or dropping Sophia.Never once thought in my life that I'd be in this type of situation.I felt myself lightly smile as once stood straight Sophia wrapped her legs around me and moved her arms around my neck,cute.

I lightly pat her back,"I'm gonna see if I can find you some food,it's not good being that thin,"I felt her small lips morph into a soft smile. "Just sleep for now,alright?"

She slowly nodded before moving her head to the side and finally shutting her eyes,Now let's find some food for the little one.I began to walk,taking careful slow steps as to not disturb her attempt for a nap,my eyes looked at her exposed skin,I should probably find myself food too before I bite her,I shuddered at the thought.

I'd shoot myself in the head before letting myself take a bit out of a human,but what if I can't control it? I sighed ,wishing my thoughts could shut up for once,and then continued in my way my eyes darting around the floor searching for any movement.

After a little bit my ears caught onto something,so I turned left and slightly crouched down,one of my arms wrapped around Sophias body to keep her in place.With my unoccupied arm I reached behind my to my trusty knife,literally the only weapon currently on me,and after aiming at the shadow my eyes could see I threw it.A squeak was heard before my eyes and nose noted the tearing of its flesh,Why must flesh smell so alluring.

I practically kicked my thoughts away I walked closer to the animal,it turned out to be a rabbit,it was small but it's better than nothing.I reached down making sure I had a tight grip on Sophia and pulled my knife out,I wiped it's blood on my clothing before putting it back in it's sheath.Quickly I snagged the dead rabbit body off the floor and made my way back to the tree that I was at only moments before with an awake and terrified Sophia.

I wonder if the others are searching for us? I looked at the darkness that had now encased the forest,it wasn't that late yet but with trees closing off everything it..I sighed once more before tossing the rabbit on the floor to unocuppy my hand.Its better if they don't right now,it's too dangerous.