31

Cherokee Rose : 5

~~~

Photo Cred: Plume-Artwork On Tumblr

~~

( Your POV )

~~~

As I made my way to out groups little camp,I kept my eyes out for the bald headed eagle,Now that I think about it,when did he even shave off his hair? I stopped walking at the thought of that,not that I cared just,I hadn't put much thought to that.Then again it seems like no one else cared,like at all.

I visibly shrugged to myself then began my trek to the others again,it wasn't far from the house but that didn't mean I'd get there fast either.Ugh.

Times like these I slightly wish I could sleep and rest like a normal fucking person! I puffed out my cheeks before releasing any air I held through my mouth,I don't need rest though,just fresh meat to keep me sane... I looked out to the woods pondering over continuing my way to the RV or sneaking off into the woods for a snack.I looked over at the rv for a second and noticed one of my favorite rednecks with a crossbow making his way inside.

Hmm...Daryl or hunting for a wild animal to eat..

"I'll go get a snack later."

( Daryl POV )

Stepping into the RV I didn't hear anyone inside,but I hadn't seen Carol outside with the others so I carried on until I got to the room in the back.It was clean in here,I noted that before finally seeing Carol sitting down,her hands busy with stitching up what seemed to be a quilt of some kind.Hearing my footsteps she stuck the needle in one more before casting her eyes up at me,with my eyes wondering the now clean RV she spoke,"I cleaned up,I- I wanted it to be nice for her."

I gave a small smile,not that she noticed as once she finished speaking she looked back down at the work currently in her hands,I looked back at the clean seats,plates,and sink before looking at her again,"For a second there I thought I was in the wrong place n all."

She looked up for a split second giving off a small barely noticeable laugh before returning to her sewing and sorrow,well this is a good of time as any to give her what I found.I looked at what I had been holding the entire time before raising my hand and placing the vase containing a flower in front of her.Her hands froze at the sound of the clinking glass as I placed it down,with confused eyes she looked at the flower,"A flower?"

I pulled out the wheat straw I had been holding in my mouth and pointed at the flower,"It's a Cherokee Rose,"realizing she was still confused I took a step forward into the room,"The story is that,when American soldiers were moving Indians off their land,and, onto the trail of tears,the Cherokee mothers were grieving and crying so much cause they were loosin their little ones along the way."

She focused intently on what I was saying so I continued,"From exposure and disease,and starvation.A lot of em just...disappeared. So the elders,they uh, said a prayer; asked for a sign to uplift the mothers' spirits, give em strength, n hope."

I paused for a little bit,Carols eyes had glued themselves onto the flower held in the vase,"The next day flowers started to grow right where the mothers' tears fell.I'm not fool enough to think there's any flowers bloomin for my brother,but,"I pointed with my head to the flower,"I believe this one bloomed for your little girl."

Tears had been falling from her eyes but it became more apparent once I had finished,she looked down,wiping at her tears before she let out another small laugh carried by a smile for what I had done,I turned around to leave but before I made it to the door I looked back,"She's gonna really like it in here."