Part 8

Leaving the hotel, we're back in the car, Prince driving again, "Is there any more stops?"

I think for a minute, "No, I just have to get ideas for rent for Angel, I'll need a lease agreement drawn up, but I'm sure you have people for that."

"I do, just say the word when we get home tomorrow, I'll have him stop by in the next week or so to draw something up," he says while keeping his eyes on the road.

I'm glad he was watching the road, because the use of the word 'home' caused an instant of panic to flash across my face. I know I'll get used to it, but it's all still a shock right now.

"Prince?"

He glances at me, "Yes, Sugar?"

"Do I need to start packing tonight?"

"Packing clothes, toiletries, personal things that you're going to need right away, yes," he gauges my reaction.

"Okay, so a couple suitcases, then," I calculate, I take a deep breath, ready to ask more questions, he beats me to it.

"We'll have to make a couple more trips down here, probably in the next month or two, to gather the things you want to bring home. I'll have to arrange for any larger items, but I don't think you'll need much."

He said the word 'home' again, I'm quiet for a minute while I try to absorb all he's saying, "Won't I need my furniture?"

His eyebrows come down, and only his eyes move, like a 'what-you-talkin'-'bout-Willis?' face.

"Our house is already furnished. You aren't leaving yours for Angel?"

Breathe, breathe, breathe, I tell myself, the 'our' got me.

"Our......the....when?" I splutter.

"Sugar? You have to make a sentence," he says firmly.

I inhale and exhale, "Okay...the house is furnished already? It was empty when we looked at it."

"It was, yes. It isn't now. It's ready and waiting for us."

"Oh," I look out the passenger window, "I guess Angel would need my things, she is coming from a small apartment," I reason.

"Sugar, it'll be okay, anything you don't like, we can change it, alright?" He looks my way, reaching to place his hand on my knee, "I think you'll be pleased with what's been brought in."

I nod, smiling, "I'm sure I will love it," placing my hand over his.

He flips his palm up, intertwining our fingers, returning his attention to the road.

I think to myself, they call it nesting for a reason, and I won't even get a chance to do that.

----------

We are almost back home when I remember the Post Office, "I forgot, I need to hold my mail, turn right at the next light, please."

"You mean forward your mail?"

"Hold, it can be forwarded later," I hop out of the car as soon as it stops, "I'll be right back."

Prince's bewildered face watches me as I pass in front of the car and go inside. He looks forlorn when I reappear minutes later, he watches me climb back in. It's the first place we hadn't went in together, I just wanted to make it quick.

"You left me in the car like a dog," he says dishearteningly.

"It took 5 minutes, there was no sense in you coming in with me. I didn't know it was going to bother you."

"I know you're used to doing things on your own, but...." he starts.

I cut him off, "You left out the other night by yourself, you didn't even tell me, you just left," I counter.

He pauses, "I did," he remains quiet for a minute, "I'm sorry about that."

"I'm not mad, but I was concerned."

"I guess I'm used to doing things on my own, too."

We finally make it back to my place, and as soon as we pull into the garage, my stomach growls. Prince laughs a bit, and starts to put the car into reverse.

"Please, can we eat in? I've had enough 'out' today," I beg.

"Of course," he kills the engine.