Part 39

We wake early, or I should say,  Angel wakes early.  She comes bounding into our bedroom and leaps into the bed, I imagine like Derik does with her. I look over at her and mumble, "I'm a slow start, Angel, give me a second okay?" 

"I used to be, too. Just you wait, children don't give you much of an option."

I look at her but say nothing, apparently, in Angel's mind, she already has me pregnant.  I throw back the covers, and start to head towards the bathroom, "I need a quick shower to wake me up, if you want to meet me downstairs?" She remains seated on our bed, I pause at the bathroom door, and look at her.

"Angel," I point to the bed, "like rabbits."

"Ewwwwww," she leaps off our bed, making a face, "I'll be downstairs." 

Taking a super quick shower, I apply minimal makeup, and toss on some denim pants and a fitted top and meet Angel in the kitchen.

As I walk into the kitchen, I notice a bag on the counter, along with a container, and a used butter knife

As I walk into the kitchen, I notice a bag on the counter, along with a container, and a used butter knife.  There is also a plate with crumbs sitting in front of Angel on the counter.  As I pour my coffee, I ask, "What's in the bag?"

"The best bagels in the world!" her eyes big.

So Prince, or someone, made a delivery of fresh bagels it seems. I grab a plate and sit down and reach into the bag for one.  I take a bite, Angel is right, they're delicious and I devour it.

"What's our game plan?" she asks, now that I'm more coherent. 

"We're going to see just how many flowers we can fit into the back of my car," I laugh, "but I just need to eyeball the area first.  I think we could have that one side done today."

Angel nods in agreement, "Without a doubt."

"Prince said for us to swing by Paisley today, Ray will feed us," as I chew, "so probably after we have a car full of flowers.  Then we can come back here and get busy." 

"Sounds good to me, I have a ton of gardening questions for you."

"I figured you might," I wink, happy to know she wants to learn in order to care for my garden at the Tennessee house. 

I finish my bagel and grab another cup of coffee before we make our way to the back to assess the area.  We smile at each other, knowing this area can definitely be completed today. 

I remember I have to grab some money when I reach for my purse. I have some money from my payroll in there, but it isn't a lot, especially after purchasing all those condoms yesterday. 

"I'll be right back," I tell Angel as I make my way to Prince's office.  She nods as she waits by the door to the garage. 

I close the door behind me, the office reminds me so much of him, the need to keep it private is overwhelming. I didn't even show it to Angel when I walked her through the house, I just pointed at the door and indicated what it was.  Going over to the desk, I sit in his chair and reach for the lower right drawer.  Behind some hanging files there is a lot of cash in bundles, Holy shit, I think.  Pulling them out, I gather the piles onto the desk and stare at them in awe.  I see they're $20 bills and all the bands say $500, there are twenty bundles, I take a deep breath. Who needs $10,000 on the ready?!