Part 58

Back at my place, I'm lead into the kitchen. It looks like Prince had visited the deli at the local grocery store, there is a beautiful salad and some sort of pasta dish in the center of the kitchen table. Plates, utensils and glasses of ice water are also sitting ready, he must have set this up right before he came to get me. He pulls out a chair for me, I sit, my admiration for this man soars. I can't help but notice he seems a totally different person in Tennessee than he is in Minnesota, he's more relaxed and even more attentive.

We talk about anything and everything while we eat our impromptu lunch, it's comfortable and engaging. We both have a wide variety of interests and conversation comes easy. When we eat our fill, I stand to help him clear the table, "Sugar, please go try to take a nap, I'll take care of this."

"Let me just put the dishes into the dishwasher, you do it wrong," I tease him. He leers at me playfully as I load the dishes, then I make my way to the bedroom. I strip nude and crawl into the bed, astounded when I slip into sleep without a fight.

*****

I wake to a hand brushing my hair from my face, and a warm kiss on my cheek, "Sugar?"

I'm groggy, this happens when I sleep longer than planned, "What time is it?"

"About 2:00," he continues stroking my hair. "You're naked again," he remarks, peeking under the sheet. I feign modesty, pulling the sheet back down, he pointedly looks into my eyes, "Little late, now, Sugar. I've seen, kissed, and licked every inch of you." His voice takes on that dreamy quality as he says this.

This thought sends a shiver through me. We still have more than a few hours before we need to be ready to go, I playfully run a finger along his arm. He eyes my finger as it traces, I can see him contemplate acting on it. Abruptly, he stands, "Later, Sugar, I can promise you that." His eyes sparkle with his hidden agenda for tonight.

"I need a distraction if I'm ever going to make it the next couple hours," I tell him, throwing the sheet back. "I'm mowing the lawn."

He chuckles as he stands what he considers a safe distance from my advances, "I knew you wouldn't wait. This I gotta see."

As I slip my legs over the edge of the bed, he makes one request, "Please, don't ruin your pretty nails."

"I won't," I seal my promise with a kiss on the way past him to get dressed.

Dressed in jeans, a T-shirt, some old tennis shoes I found in the garage, and some gloves, I make my way out to the shed. The gloves are cumbersome, I don't normally wear them to mow, but I'm trying to keep my promise to protect my nails. Prince is amused and moves a chair from the back porch to a spot with a good vantage point to watch me mow.

I climb up on the lawn tractor, pop in my earbuds and watch for Prince's reaction before turning the key. I press the brake, turn the key and the engine roars to life. As expected, his face is overcome with surprise, complete with super wide eyes. I laugh as I back the tractor out of the shed and throw the lever to start the blades, his eyes get bigger yet with the increased noise, I start to mow. After a couple loops around, he seems impressed, although, it's really nothing complicated, I'm sure it's something he's never had to do, especially on a lawn tractor.

I turn off the blades, pull up close to him, pop out my earbuds, and kill the engine. "You want to try it?"

He pulls back his head, frowning and giving me his best you've-got-to-be-joking look. He shakes his head slowly as I make no attempt to continue mowing.

"Party poop." I turn the key, then engage the blades. Earbuds go back in, all while he watches me, he's studying my every move. I stick out my tongue and hit the gas, the lawnmower lunges into motion. A split second of concern crosses his face before he realizes that I was prepared for the quick take off, he shakes his head disapprovingly at me while I throw a grin back.

When I finish, I pull the tractor just outside the shed to give it a chance to cool down before closing it up. Now that the noise and show has stopped, Prince picks up his guitar and starts strumming. I take a moment to sit down beside him, enjoying the look and smell of the fresh cut lawn before I go to take a shower. He looks up at me when I decide to head into the house, but he continues to strum.

I get inside, start the shower and go to pull out the dress Prince chose. It's a platinum number, with tailored lines and entirely covered in a large rose-like beaded and embroidery pattern. The skirt is tiered, each rose design extends almost like petals overlapping the next tier. I had picked out glittery silver low heels wear with it, since the beading on the dress was silver, but I wished I had brought something open toed to show off my fresh pedicure. Too late now, I think, as I set out a soft lavender bra and panty set and start toward the bathroom.

As I pass the bedroom window, I stop in my tracks, Prince is circling and studying the lawn tractor

As I pass the bedroom window, I stop in my tracks, Prince is circling and studying the lawn tractor. I watch engrossed as he carefully climbs into the seat, he presses his foot on the brake like I had done, then turns the key. The mower comes to life, I see him acclimate himself with the pedals and levers. He pushes down on the gas and it lurches forward, he's flung against the back of the seat, surprised, he removes his foot from the pedal and it stops. He looks towards the house, I step back from the window so I don't get spotted. Focusing on the pedal again, he presses it, and this time he lunges in reverse. I see him take notice of the speed control, it's obvious with the turtle and rabbit images, he slides it down to turtle. He presses the pedal again, going in reverse, just far enough to clear the shed, then goes forward. Since it's in turtle mode, it really pokes along, but it's a comfortable speed if you're unfamiliar. He drives a little bit, then circles back around to the shed, I watch him in amusement. I see him struggling, going back and forth to try get it somewhere near the same spot it was parked. Knowing he's safe from harm while he situates it, I head to the shower.

The shower is basically for me to shave my legs more than any other reason, so it's very quick. I'm wrapped in a towel and applying my makeup when Prince walks into the bathroom. He comes up behind me, his arms circle my waist as he smiles at me in the mirror. I smile back as I continue dabbing with the makeup applicator. When he kisses my neck, the dabbing stops, I have to grip the counter because my knees threaten to buckle. He smiles smugly at me into the mirror before he leaves the room so I can finish getting ready. I can't even begin to imagine what this evening holds, he's already radiating with excitement. Once I catch my breath, I am able to finish my makeup and hair without further interruption.

I step into the bedroom, slightly surprised that Prince is not waiting, I drop the towel and begin getting dressed. As I struggle to zip the dress, Prince strolls in as if on cue, I lift my hair and wait. He zips me in slow motion, then plants a kiss on the nape of my neck before I can release my hair, shivers run down my spine. I slip on my shoes, then make my way to the nightstand to collect my diamond earrings and pendant. He insists on clasping my necklace, another kiss to my neck, I take a deep breath, "Prince, you have to stop or we're not making our reservations."

His hand comes up to cover his mouth as he feigns shock, "Oh," then laughs. Then he says, "You look beautiful, Sugar." Extending his hand, taking mine, he presses a kiss to the back of my hand. "Are you ready, Baby?"

"I hope so," I laugh nervously as I look into his eyes.

"Me, too," the way he says it gives me chills.

We make our way through the house and out through the garage, he opens my door, then goes around and gets in.

"We have to stop by the vineyard, first," he tells me as he puts the car in gear.