Part 30

I make my way down the stairs a short while later, Prince, still on piano, is unaware of my arrival. Standing in awe, I watch his fingers dance across the keys, his eyes are closed, his face relaxed. These moments take my breath away, it's not just the magic of his music, it's knowing I am here with him.

I take a seat on the edge of the bench, placing a kiss on his shoulder. His eyes open to meet mine, a smile spreads slowly, his eyebrows raise, his fingers stop, "Are you ready, Sugar?"

"Yes and no, I could honestly stay here all day listening to you, but we better get going."

We make our way out to the waiting Bentley, as he opens my door I think, Angel's going to go nuts being picked up in this. Within minutes we are coasting down the expressway, getting occasional honks and waves as locals recognize the car. Prince, ever polite and gracious, smiles and waves as we pass, and we pass a lot, and fast, because like anything else, he seems to have his very own set of rules.

We are pulling onto the tarmac as the jet carrying Angel is coming in for a landing. We exit the vehicle, Prince leans against the front corner panel on the driver's side. Moving to stand beside him, he surprises me by sneaking his hand around my waist, pulling me in front of him, then firmly against him. Placing his chin on my shoulder, his arms circle my waist, we stay cuddled as we watch the jet taxi towards us, slowly it comes to a stop.

Just then he whispers, "Feel me, Sugar?" as he pushes his hips against my bottom, letting out one of those low, throaty, chuckles.

"Prince!" in a hushed scold. I try to pull away, he holds tight, "Angel will see you, stop it."

Another chuckle and a push, I can feel him even more, the hatch opens, he stops. An over exuberant Angel comes flying down the steps towards me, I'm released by Prince in just enough time to be seized by her.

She's grinning ear to ear as she relinquishes her grip, she looks back and forth between me and Prince, "Y'all look so cute cuddled up together." Her face turns more serious as she looks back at me, studying my face, "How are you feeling?"

"Better, good," I force a smile, I really would rather not talk about this in front of Prince. Angel takes notice with my short answer and let's it drop.

She releases my arms and flings hers around Prince, who looks awkward at first, but slowly warms to her hug, doing his best to keep his hips away from her body. I suppress a laugh as I watch him squirm, because I'm privy to the reason why.

A gentleman approaches carrying Angel's bag, Prince pulls himself away to open the trunk, he's smiling, but looks relieved to be out of Angel's death grip.

Angel does as I expect and goes nuts over the car, "A Bentley!" she runs her fingers down the vehicle, Prince beams, it really is a work of art.

He opens the rear door for her, she climbs in, then he opens the passenger door for me. I love that he's a gentleman, I find it makes him even more attractive.

Once in the driver's seat, he swivels around sideways, "I have an early dinner planned for us at Paisley," he then addresses Angel, "then Dana's all yours," giving her a wink.

Angel bounces in the back seat, she's ready to go, at this moment I also see where Derik gets his enthusiasm from. Prince squeezes and pats my knee before he puts the car in gear.

As Paisley Park comes into view and Angel starts chanting, "Oh, my, God, oh, my, God, oh, my, God," as she bounces in the back seat.

Her excitement amuses us, Prince drives around the side, pulling into the garage area. As we enter, Angel spots his purple Prowler, a squeal is released that I'm sure was able to be heard for miles.