Part 59

We pull into the vineyard and there is a limousine waiting in the area where we had parked for the event interviews, I flash him a puzzled look as he pulls next to it. The driver moves toward the limos back door, Prince gets out of the car but leaves it running. My door opens and Prince offers his hand, I take it and he leads me to the limo.

"I'll be right back," he tells me, then speaks to the driver. I'm baffled when he gets back into the car and drives towards the barn, going just past it, he parks. He comes striding back quickly, climbing into the back of the limo with me, the door closes.

"What was that all about?" I ask.

"We'll need the car to get home later, but I wanted us to be able to relax together on the drive to and from the restaurant. The limo will drop us here after dinner."

I nod, that makes sense, we get to enjoy more conversation and a little bit of wine on the way to the restaurant. I want to ask him about the lawn tractor, but I don't, there has to be a reason he tried it on the sly. Maybe he's more like me than I thought, I like to learn new things without people watching me until I'm comfortable.

After we have been riding for awhile, I start seeing familiar buildings. I look at him when I realize we are going to the same restaurant we went to that first night after picking up my uniform. He smiles and nods when my face shows I recognize where we are going. My eyes fill with tears, I feel this is a very sentimental gesture.

When we arrive, we are lead to the same private area where we were seated that night, my heart skips a beat when I see a portable CD player already set up in the area playing romantic piano music.

"You're kidding me?" I look at him in delight.

"Nope." He's all smiles.

We take our seats at the table, I'm in disbelief that he's recreating this night. The food is served, there are a few variations to what we had dined on that first night, but everything is delicious. Prince stands, I look up at him, I know what's next.

"May I have this dance?" He asks. I look away quickly, I'm overcome with emotion as tears well, and a single one slips from my eye.

"Oh, Sugar, I'm sorry," he apologizes, sitting down beside me, he puts his arm around my shoulders as he leans close.

"No, don't be sorry, I'm not sad. This is all just so sweet of you," I explain in a hushed voice before I press my cheek against his and whisper, "Dance with me, my Music Man."

He's back on his feet, taking my hand he pulls me close to him, much closer than we were that first night. We begin to sway to the music, but something's wrong, I think, as I'm unable to rest my head in his shoulder comfortably.

Prince looks somewhat concerned when I pull free. When I step back, removing one shoe, and then the other, I see his eyes get a little misty while he waits. He holds his arms open for me to step into, which I do willingly, resting my head comfortably on his shoulder.

"Better?" He asks in a whisper, just like that first night.

"Perfect," as my arms tighten around him.

Holding each other and swaying in perfect rhythm, it feels peaceful, yet exciting, an emotional conundrum. There's no self-consciousness like I felt that first night, for some reason this man wants me here and this is where I plan to stay.

We remain like this as songs end and others begin on the CD player, clinging to each other as we sway. Prince whispers, "Whenever you're ready, Sugar, we'll head to our vineyard, no rush."

Our vineyard, although he can't see me, I smile at the thought. I don't make any effort to stop moving until the song that's playing comes to an end. I press a soft kiss to his neck before releasing my arms, he follows my lead, pausing to gaze into my eyes.

"Are you ready to go?" His face lights with anticipation as he asks.

"Yes." I hesitate only to step back into my shoes, then I reach my hand out to him. He takes mine into his, leading me out of the restaurant and into the awaiting limo.

As with everything Prince does, there is no disruption of the experience by settling a bill, it's all prearranged and planned. He climbs right into the limo to sit beside me, pulling my left hand into his lap and intertwining our fingers, his other hand sets on top. Feeling the need to have as much body contact as possible, I lean my head onto his shoulder again. He looks down at me before resting his head against mine.

"Thank you for today. And tonight," I say quietly.

His hand squeezes mine gently as he whispers, "It isn't over yet, Sugar." He moves his head just enough to kiss mine before letting his settle back down.

We sit in comfortable silence as we watch the remaining daylight give into to darkness as we make our way back to the vineyard.

*****

When we arrive at the vineyard, I can see the glow of the twinkle lights as the limo approaches the barn. Since the limo is dropping us off here, I wonder why Prince just didn't have him pick us up here.

The driver opens the door, Prince steps out, then he offers his hand, but says, "Keep your eyes only on me, Sugar."

"Ooookay," I take his hand, wondering what the deal is.

I find it very difficult, the twinkle lights beg to be looked at, but I keep my eyes on Prince as I climb out. When I'm standing before him, he takes both my hands, turning me away from the vineyard. He breaks eye contact with me long enough to nod to the limo driver, seconds later I hear the door close and the engine put into gear. The limo disappears from my sight as it slips forward into the vineyard, then it reappears after circling the barn, heading out the drive and onto the main road. Prince watches me as I watch the taillights drive off, he smiles when my eyes meet his again.

He reaches into his side jacket pocket, pulling out a very large silk square, he rolls it, turning it into a blindfold.

I scrunch up my face as I question him with my eyes. "Prince, I've seen the vineyard at night before," I remind him.

"I know."

He secures the makeshift blindfold over my eyes, then leads me carefully into the grove. As we move, I can feel the current of excitement pass from his body to mine through our hands, I shiver and I'm rewarded with a throaty chuckle.

"We're almost there, Baby," he whispers, continuing to guide me.