Untitled Part 53

My eyes flutter open as Prince kisses my shoulder, "Wake up, baby, we have to get moving."

He's still snuggled tight against me, his arm around my waist, we're naked. I wiggle my body against him, trying to get closer, letting out a low moan as I do.

"Don't you start," he chuckles as I feel him pull his body away from mine, he gets out of bed and heads to the closet.

I know we have to get moving, Angel had sent a text about the time we were romping on the couch. She had managed to arrange tonight and Sunday night off. Prince had me text her back before we got into the shower last night, that we would get together with her and Derik after we run a couple errands in the morning.

I head into the bathroom to pee, closing and locking the door behind me. I don't care, I can't handle him watching me pee, especially after that one morning of the OB/GYN appointment. I open the door to find him standing there dressed, but confused. "I had to pee," as I start to stroll past him naked. His eyes scan me, I shoot back with his words from just a moment ago, "Don't you start," I wink before disappearing into the closet to dress.

Since I know where are going to be spending the day with Angel and Derik, I opt for a pair of denim and one of the fitted tops I brought. I head back into the bathroom to find Prince fluffing out his hair and getting ready. This is not a big master bath like the one at the other house, so I decide to go get my coffee while he's primping.

Coffee and phone in hand, I sit on the back porch and call Human Resources to discuss my intentions of terminating my job and to find out how this will impact my leave. I'm reassured that the remainder of my leave will stay intact, and any remaining vacation time will be paid out. All I need to do is deliver a statement to my boss, in writing and signed, for the exact date of my departure from the company. At this point all my boss has to do is contact HR and I will be removed from payroll on said date. I was also informed that if I was deemed rehire-able, I would keep my seniority and benefits if it fell within a 6 month time frame, however, my medical, optical and dental insurance would become my responsibility 30 days after I quit. Oh, that's kind of scary, I think, surely Prince will help with that, but it's one more thing we have to discuss.

I'm just about done writing my exit letter when Prince steps out the back door with his tea. He picks it up and reads it, handing it back to me.

"We just have to drop this off, and that's it," I say and shrug.

"Sounds easy enough," he sips his tea.

"And swing by the post office on the way. It's a little over an hour drive back and forth to work, so, I better get moving and put my face on," I grab the letter and head into the house to get ready.

Getting my second cup of coffee, I text Angel back that we'll be ready in about 2 hours, roughly 10 am. I have just stepped back into the bathroom and smile when I hear the sound of the acoustic guitar waft down the hallway.

*****

Our first stop is the post office, where they have a small bundle of mail waiting for me. Since having my mail forwarded is a simple step, we're back in the car and on our way to where I work.

I start to flip through the mail on the way, noticing hospital bills from both my knee and now the miscarriage are rolling in. I stop looking and sigh as bundle them back up.

"What's the matter, Sugar?"

I shake my head, "Hospital bills, I just don't want to think about them right now."

"Oh," he looks over at me with an expression that says he's sorry. "When we get back, give those to Monica, they'll be taken care of."

"I can pay them, that's not the problem. I have a separate account where I have money deposited to cover medical expenses, I just don't want to start thinking about it."

He reaches over, placing his hand in my knee, he squeezes.

"Since we're on the subject of medical expenses, after I quit I won't have any insurance."

"Why do you need insurance?" he asks.

"For when things happen, which I seem to be pretty good at," I look out the window angry with myself that I've already had two hospital visits so close together.

"Whatever comes up, Sugar, I'll pay. You don't need insurance," he explains.

"Do you even know what it costs to have a baby?" I didn't think about my question until it was too late.

"Yes, I do know." he says quietly.

I cover my face with my hands, "Prince, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bring that up."

"It's okay, I know you didn't," he says reassuringly, squeezing my knee again.

"I'll just shut up now," I say, defeated.

He laughs, "What can we do today that will be fun for all of us?"

This starts me rambling in an animated manner, just a little over an hour away is a mecca of tourist attractions in Gatlinburg. I start listing our options, he seems impressed with the choices. We agree that we need Angel's input before we make any decisions, but several things sound entertaining enough for a 3 year old to enjoy, as well as the adults.

As we pull up in front of my workplace I let him know that it will take a few minutes, that I have a locker to clear out, but he can't come in.

"Leave your phone, I'll call Angel while I wait."

It's actually a great idea, I think, handing my phone over. "Be nice," I tell him, since they have a tendency to try to ruffle each other's feathers.

"Aren't I always?"

His expression is playful, but I make an angry face and point my finger at him anyway. He laughs and waves to me before I turn to go into the building.

I'm back out in less than fifteen minutes, the longest part of it was me emptying my locker. I was able to toss pretty much all the contents, so I come back to the car empty handed which earns me a frown.

"I thought you had to empty a locker?" he asks as I climb in the car.

"I did, that's what took so long, but I didn't need to keep any of it."

"What did they say? Did they try to stop you?"

"Not much they could say, I told them I moved out of state. I got the usual 'you'll be missed, a valuable employee', blah, blah, blah," I shrug.

Satisfied that I'm not upset to leave the company, he puts the car in gear to head back to the house. Along the way he tells me that Angel said the Aquarium and miniature golf might be all that Derik could handle before getting too cranky, but we'd play it by ear. He also mentions that she's meeting us at the house and may already be there before we show up.

"We'll stop for breakfast on the way," he smiles, and I know for certain that little Mom and Pop diner is where he's going to take us.

He reaches over to take my hand, he holds it the rest of the drive home.