Part 37

Part 37

I pick up the Calla Lilies and unlock the door, Angel follows me in and Marcus carries her bag in behind us. Setting the lilies down on the foyer table, I think, I'll need to plant them somewhere special after I research their zone hardiness. 

I thank Marcus for today, he starts to leave and Angel jumps to the ready to walk him out, I think it's cute.  I take the brief opportunity to place a package of condoms in Prince's office, because I've already been in there more than I thought I ever would. 

I'm just coming out of the office when Angel comes back in, she looks funny. 

"What's wrong?"

"Marcus asked if I wanted to go to a movie, I told him I was in Minnesota to hang out with you."

I rush to the front door to see the SUV pulling into the street, I reach for my phone, punching a couple buttons.  Marcus answers, "Yes, Ma'am?"

"You get your butt back here and take this girl to the movies!"

There's humor in his voice, "Yes, Ma'am,"

Angel asks, "Are you sure?"

"More than sure," I grin, "tomorrow is dirt therapy," I hand her my key, there's an intial 'D' keyfob on it, "Just in case you get back a little later than you plan."

"Thank you," she looks at the keychain, "That's nice."

"Of course he has a matching 'P', not sure why, you see he doesn't lock the door," I laugh

"Of course he has a matching 'P', not sure why, you see he doesn't lock the door," I laugh.  "Now go!" I spin her around because I saw the SUV pull back into the driveway. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do," I joke. 

She puts my key into her purse, then flashes the package of condoms, stashing those away safely as well, she giggles and runs out the door as I shake my head. 

I turn back to the Calla lilies, the color is stunning, I reread the card and smile.  I pick them up, then change my mind and set them down, I'll see them the most here, so I leave them.  Making my way upstairs, run the bath, and light a couple candles, I'm going to take these next couple hours to just unwind.