Part 20

I wake up, it's dark in the bedroom, but I see a sliver of light from under the bathroom door, I'm alone in the bed. Reaching for my cell phone on the nightstand, I flip it over, 10:49 am!

I head into the bathroom, pee and check my bleeding, it's still slight. I frown, isn't it supposed to be worse? I need to get some more information on all this, so I decide that I'm calling the OB/GYN first thing Monday morning.

I slip the matching robe and slippers on before heading downstairs. From the staircase I can see quite a large area, no sign of Prince. I check the kitchen, then the living room, nothing. Surely he'd leave a note if he left, I peek out the back doors, disappointment creeps in. He left, I think, but then I remember his office.

I make my way around the corner, the door is closed, but it's kept that way, I tap lightly. I hear his voice as he approaches the door, it sounds like he's on the phone. The door opens, he motions me in, crossing the room he sits on the corner of his desk, he points to the chair, I sit.

He finishes his phone call, sets the handset back into its cradle, slipping off the desk, he comes around the chair to kiss me. I'm surprised when he slips me some tongue, although briefly.

He smiles as he pulls away, saying, "Good morning, Baby."

I smile, "Good morning," then I tilt my head, "I'm Baby, now?"

"Sugar, Baby, Sugar Baby," he smiles, raising his eyebrows, "You don't like it, I'll stop."

"No," I shake my head. "Just wondering, I've been Sugar for almost a month," I nonchalantly shrug.

I really don't care, it just seems odd to change a pet name. Then I remember he called me Baby this morning, before using the L word. I don't mention it.

"How are you feeling?" Squatting down in front of me, his hands massage just above my knees.

"My head is still sore, I feel kind of out of it, but okay otherwise."

He nods, "How's the other?" he points to my lap.

Trying to be careful with my words so I don't gross him out, "Very slight."

"Is that good?" his hands pause in their massaging, he's watching me closely.

"I don't know. I'm calling the OB/GYN office Monday morning, because right now, I don't even know if I'm supposed to be taking my pills."

"Oh," he stands, still watching me, "Are you?"

"No," shaking my head.

He nods, thinking.

"What?" I ask, because he's really thinking. "Prince, if you need to get back to Paisley, I'll be alright," I'm sincere.

"No, not today, but I might head back tomorrow," his brows still knitted in thought.

Then they raise, "You should probably get dressed," he changes the subject.

"Okay?"

"Lowe's has a delivery for you today?" he eyes me, waiting for my response.

"Yeah," I bite my lip, "it's kind of a big order." I look up at him, "Are you mad?"

"I know, I saw the receipt," shaking his head, he laughs under his breath, "No, I'm not mad," he pulls me out of the chair.

"Go, get dressed. Those nighties are for me!" he pats my butt with a grin.

I scurry out of the office pretending I'm afraid of him. I hear his musical laughter as I round the corner from his office.