Part 57

A kiss on my forehead wakes me, I look up to see Prince dressed and holding a mug that he offers to me.

"Hey, there, Sugar. What are you needing to do this morning?"

I sit up, taking the mug from him, he brought me my coffee, how sweet. I take a sip while I think. Normally, I would get irritated at someone asking me questions as soon as I wake up, but I find this is not the case with him.

"First, I need to drop off those bags at the dump and take that one tote to donate. Both places close at noon on Saturdays, then I should mow the lawn."

His eyes get big when I say that, "Do you have to mow today?"

I shake my head at his concern, "No, it doesn't have to be done today, but I'll will have to do it tomorrow, then. It only takes about 45 minutes." He looks relieved, so I ask, "What time do I need to be ready by?"

"Our reservations are at 6 o'clock, so I'll need you ready to go by 4 o'clock."

Now I'm confused, because I know it's early and I have plenty of time to mow the lawn. Until he says, "I scheduled you an appointment, you have an hour before I have to get you there."

"Oh! When? For what?" I reach for my phone, it's 8:07.

"A mani/pedi and a massage. I'll take care of those first two things after I drop you off. The lawn will just have to wait."

I stare at him, speechless, I'm not sure which I'm more in awe at, the surprise appointment, or him running those two errands for me. Tears start to well up in my eyes, I manage to whisper, "Thank you, Prince, that's sounds wonderful."

He takes my mug from me and sets it on the nightstand, then he pulls me into his arms, and kisses the top of my shoulder.

He whispers into my ear, "You're welcome, Sugar. I think you could use some pampering, things haven't been..." he pauses, "smooth sailing lately."

He's right, it's been anything but smooth. I lean back just enough to look into his eyes, "Thank you, again, I really mean it."

I place my lips on his, gently at first. When I sneak my tongue against his lower lip, he opens for me, the kiss gets deep, fast. It's at that point we both realize I'm still naked as his hands start to rove.

He pulls away, looking flustered, then stands, pointing at me, "You need to get dressed before we're late for your appointment."

I laugh, "Yes, Sir."

I stand and hug him, he takes the opportunity to squeeze a handful of butt, "Get dressed, I'll meet you out back."

I have had massages before, so after I pull on my dress, I remove my earrings and pendant, leaving them safely on the nightstand. I pull my hair back into a ponytail, and head to the kitchen for another coffee.

As I step outside, Prince is just placing his guitar on his legs. He smiles at me, then points at the little table, "That's the best I could do, there's no food in this house." On the little table sits a plate with an apple, a knife, along with a little snack pack of peanut butter.

I walk over and kiss him before sitting down, "Thank you, and I know there's no food, but I hate to buy anything when we're just leaving again."

I listen while he plays his guitar, sipping my coffee and eating my apple and peanut butter. This couldn't be more blissful, I think to myself while I study my garden, absorbing the tranquility of this moment. I can feel his eyes on me, when I look over at him, he smiles. His eyes are still sparkling with a secret he's not sharing. My curiosity is peaked again, I had thought that maybe the spa treatment might have been the surprise, now I see that's not the case.

He sets his guitar down, "I'll be right back, I'm going to load those things into the car, then we probably need to go soon.

"Let me help you," I start to stand.

He shakes his head, "No, I got this, sit."

He disappears around the side of the house, it's obvious that today is going to be all about me, I need to just learn to relax and enjoy it. I get up and start strolling the garden, plucking stray weeds as I go.

I'm bent over when I hear, "You just can't stop can you?" There's a hint of amusement in the words.

I turn around with my handful of weeds, trying to look nonchalant, "I don't know what you're talking about."

He laughs, kissing my forehead, "My Sugar Baby. What am I going to do with you?" He shakes his head at me.

"I'm hopeless, you know?" I play.

"I know. Come on, let's get you pampered," he takes me by the hand.

"I need my purse," I stop.

"Everything's taken care of," he winks, pulling me towards the car.

I'm dropped off and my phone is 'confiscated' again, because I'll need to call him when I'm ready to be picked up. First up, the massage, I almost skip to the massage room.

******

Massage complete, I slouch in the chair like a limp noodle as the top coat is placed on my toenails, and another woman is asking me how I would like my fingernails done. I tend to keep my nails on the short side, the whites barely come to the tips of my fingers, she tries to talk me into applying tips, but I refuse. Artificial nails will not hold up to all the gardening I do, I pacify the woman by letting her apply a gel polish in a French manicure.

As my nails are drying, the woman behind the desk dials the phone for me then holds it to my ear. Prince must have been hovering over the phone because I don't think it rang twice.

"Hello?" That unmistakable voice.

"Hey, I'm ready when you are."

"See you soon, Sugar."

I nod to the woman and the phone is removed. I stay seated and enjoy a quiet moment without anyone touching me. The whole appointment was great, but I'm very uncomfortable with people I don't know touching me. I'm sitting in front of a window, so I see Prince pull up, I stand and the woman who did my nails opens the door for me, I know she doesn't want to fix my nails. The ladies are all polite and say goodbye and wave as I make my way out and to the car. Prince is already standing beside the open passenger door, eyeing me up and down as I approach the car. I point a foot showing him the mauve polish, then flash my fingernails, he smiles his satisfied smile as I climb into the car.

"Did you enjoy your massage?" he asks as he's driving.

"Oh, yes, I really needed it, thank you. I feel like a wet noodle," I laugh, slumping in my seat.

"When we get home, why don't you try to take a nap?" he suggests.

I look at him in astonishment, "I get a nap, too?"

"You have time," he smiles at me.

"I know, but aren't you getting bored just waiting on me all day?"

"I really wish you would try to take a nap, I have a feeling you might find it hard to sleep tonight," he ribs.