Part 31

I show Angel around the areas I had discovered the other day in my stroll, she's as blown away by everything as I was.

Angel keeps repeating, "I can't believe I'm here."

"Imagine how I feel?" because this thought runs through my head on the daily, and I'm not just referring to Paisley Park.

"I can't," she shakes her head.

"I guess we should find Marcus," I mention as I lead us back towards the Atrium. Passing the door for Studio A, I stop to place my hand on the door as if trying to absorb Prince's energy before we leave.

"Girl, you've got it bad," she observes.

"I do, don't I?" I shake my head, letting my hand slide down the door.

The woman at the front desk recognizes me as I round the corner, she smiles at me before eyeing Angel.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, "I'm Dana, I never got your name."

"Hi, Dana, Monica, I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself before." She reaches to shake my hand.

"And you must be Angel?" offering her hand again.

"Ah," I laugh, "I see you are well informed."

Monica nods laughing, "I have to be."

"Have you seen Marcus around?" I inquire.

"No, but I'll have him here in a minute if you're ready?" Monica says pleasantly.

I thank her as we turn our attention to the skylight and artwork in the room.

It seems only seconds before Marcus appears, "Ma'am, uh, Dana," he smiles at me before he looks at Angel, "Nice to see you again." He grins.

As he's acknowledging Angel, I swear I see his eyes light up. I take notice of his left ring finger, it's bare. Hmmmm? He had mentioned a wife, I wonder to myself as I watch Angel for a reaction. She doesn't disappoint me, she goes into full dimple mode and giggly. They would be cute together crosses my mind, but I need more info about Marcus's marital status. We follow him to the SUV parked in front of the main doors, as Marcus opens the door for us, he mentions to Angel that her bag is in the back. She thanks him as he turns to me, "Home? Or is there somewhere else you would like to go first?"

I look at Angel, she shakes her head, "Home," I answer.

The door is closed and in moments we're in motion. Angel taps my arm, "I didn't know he'd be here," she fans herself. Oh yeah, there's interest.

"He's is a good looking man," I admit.

Angel shoots me a look, "You got Prince, back off!" she pretends to push me.

I raise my hands in mock surrender, "He's all yours, well maybe," I don't want to get her hopes up, "he had mentioned a wife in conversation one time," I fill her in.

Her face in deep thought, "There's no ring."

"I just saw that today, so maybe..." I leave it hang.

"Maybe. Trust me, I'll find out," she grins.

We are entering residential areas already, Angel begins paying attention, her face lit with amazement as the houses become larger and more spaced out. I feel slightly awkward, but I didn't choose this house, Prince did. As Marcus pulls into the drive, Angel is kneeling at the door, her face all but pressed against the window of the vehicle.

She turns to me with her mouth open, "You're fucking kidding me?!" as we come to a stop.

I press my lips together and shake my head, again feeling embarrassed by the size of the house. The door suddenly opens, Angel not prepared, falls halfway into Marcus's arms. Marcus has a darker complexion than her, but it's plain to see they both blush as he helps her right herself, then stands back to let her exit.