Part 38

Holding him tight, not wanting to break our connection, we periodically pepper kisses onto each other's face.

Slowly he withdrawals, laying still beside me for moment, then looking over at me, he says, "I've missed you."

I know what he means, it had only really been a couple days, but it felt like weeks. "I missed you, too."

Curiosity gets the best of me and I roll to face him, "You actually asked the doctor about not using condoms after she told us to?"

He nods matter of factly, no wonder she looked so bothered as she was talking to him. This prompts him to roll over and open his nightstand drawer, his expression is priceless as he looks back at me, "Did you buy everything they had?"

I laugh, "No, I saved a pack for Angel, plus I put a pack in your office."

He shuts his eyes, shaking his head, then lays back, pulling me to him. With me cuddled against him, my head on his chest, he begins drawing soothing circles on my back with his fingers.

"Must you do everything in excess, Sugar?"

"This from you?" I ask in disbelief, because if anyone knows about excess it's Prince.

"Good point," he mumbles. Then he goes on to say, "We'd better get a shower and get dressed before Angel gets back."

Neither one of us want to move, but we reluctantly make our way to the shower. Still basking in the afterglow of our lovemaking, we wash each other lovingly. Prince puts his clothes back on, which tells me he's probably going to head back to the studio. I reach for a nightie because I'm not going anywhere, it's been a very long day and I'm done.

I follow him into the elevator to go downstairs, "Are you taking right off?"

He looks surprised, "Trying to get rid of me already?"

"No, I was just curious," run my hand down his arm, "you know I enjoy when you're around."

"I figured we could watch some television," the elevator dings and opens. "Would you make us some popcorn?"

I remembered seeing some in the pantry, "Of course I will."

He follows me into the kitchen, perching on the stool to watch like he did at my place in Tennessee, I smile as the memory replays in my mind. With the popcorn popped and placed in a large bowl, we make our way into the living room. He sits on the end of the couch, legs splayed in typical man fashion, I sit close to him, legs curled to one side, the bowl of popcorn sits between us. I allow him to flip the channels since I'm not a big television watcher and he settles on a comedy sitcom. Munching our popcorn we find most of the humor pretty lame, so between the eye rolls and funny faces, we amuse ourselves.

After a short while of him glancing at me, he sets the bowl on the table, I look at him with a questioning expression. He shifts, looking into my eyes, "I want to kiss you."

"Then kiss me," I smile as I watch his eyes as he moves in.

One of his tasting kisses, then he's right back for a long, deep one. We pause to take a breath, then lean in again, the kisses have a feeling of connection and emotion, more than sexual, if that makes sense. It would almost look like we were just making out if someone were to see us, but our hands are not traveling, they are simply holding onto each other. For some reason these kisses have a reaffirming quality, driving home just how deeply we do care for each other. We lose ourselves in it, so much so, we don't hear the key in the door as Angel makes her way into the house.

We're unsure how long she's been standing there when she forcibly clears her throat. Since Prince is facing her way, he pulls away and shoots her some severe shade, "This is my home, Angel," he reminds her in a self-righteous way as he composes himself.

"Y'all are like rabbits, I swear," she laughs.

I spin around on the couch to face her, Prince maneuvers one of his legs around me so I'm now sitting between his open legs. I instantly feel why he felt the need to do this as he pulls me close. So much for thinking that kiss wasn't in any way sexual.

I ask, "Did you have a good time?"

She moves over to the chair across from us to sit, "I did, thank you for being so understanding and letting me run off on you."

With Prince's chin resting on my shoulder, I say, "Of course, I mean, I know why you came out," he pecks my cheek and reaches to hold my hand, "but I want you to enjoy your time, too. Well, that is until tomorrow, I'm going to work you like a dog," I laugh, Prince chuckles in my ear.

Angel makes a face, but laughs, too. Prince, who no longer needs me hide his erection, pulls himself from around me, and stands, "I'll let you ladies relax," he takes my hand. "Goodnight, Angel," he smiles at her, then turns to me, "Walk me out, Baby."

I hold up my index finger to her to indicate I'll be right back as I'm lead to the foyer. At the door Prince initiates another deep kiss, then looks slightly wary as he says, "I probably won't be home until late tomorrow, Sugar," he strokes my cheek, watching my eyes.

"I understand," I make sure to keep it light, I don't want him to worry about not making it home, I just don't want him to make it a habit.

"Stop by Paisley sometime tomorrow if you can, Ray will make you guys something to eat," he offers.

"That sounds great. We'll be out and about to buy some flowers tomorrow morning, anyway."

"Just let Marcus know when you're ready."

I make a face, "I like Marcus, I really do, but I would like it to just be us girls tomorrow."

Prince nods, "I understand. There's some cash in my lower right desk drawer, behind some things, take what you think you'll need," he pulls me in for another deep kiss, this one punctuated with a two handed butt squeeze.

I shake my head at him, grinning, he winks at me before heading out the door. As the door latches, I hear Angel yell from the living room, "Rabbits, I say!"

Returning to the living room, I'm now shaking my head at her. "Angel!" I pretend to scold her.

"So, how long was he here?" She grins knowingly.

"Um, about 10 minutes after you guys left," I smile.

"Wow, he is sly, isn't he?"

"Marcus asked for the evening off, so I guess he knew when I was alone," I explained.

"Good thing you bought those condoms today." My sheepish look gives me away, "You're kidding?!" her eyes get big, now it's her turn to scold me.

"The doctor said it would be fine for a couple days," letting her know we aren't totally irresponsible.

"Hmpth" Angel is not convinced, arms crossed and shaking her head at me.

I gotta know, since she's so interested in our love life, "Did Marcus kiss you?" I ask.

Her smug look tells me 'yes' before she does, "Oh, my, God, he's the best kisser."

I laugh, but don't pry anymore, it's none of my business, but I'm happy for her. "Well, can you make due without him tomorrow? We have some flower shopping to do before we get busy back there."

"Yessss, I did come here to see you, silly."

"Thank you so much for that, I really hope you know how much I appreciate your company right now," I bend to give her a hug.

"Don't get all mushy on me," she plays.

We chit chat a bit more before heading up to bed. Tomorrow is her last full day here, so it's going to be a full one.