Part 35

With the knowledge of me possibly considering trying to get pregnant, his face softens. He reaches for me as he leans in, his eyes are moving from mine to my mouth. Just as we close our eyes, moving in for the kiss, our slightly opened mouths almost touching, my cell phone rings.

He pauses before right before contact, and grunts, "uh uh," shaking his head, we continue on with our kiss. No ringing phone, no worries, at this moment it's all about the kiss, and it continues much longer than the ringing phone. Prince pulls back and strokes my cheek, the look in his eyes is nothing I've seen before, it's so tender.

He breaks the moment, "You better check your phone, it's probably Angel."

I flip the phone over as I pull it out of my purse. The missed call is in fact, Angel, but I feel the need to stay on the topic for just a second.

"I just have to say one thing before I call her back," my face is serious, so Prince pays full attention. "IF we do this," he leans in closer, intrigued. His eyes lock on mine, until I wag my finger in his face, "That woman will not be my doctor!"

His head throws back as he laughs, he looks back at me grinning, shaking his head, "Oh, no. I really didn't care for her."

I shudder just thinking about the whole interaction and pick up my phone. As I hit the call back button, Prince shifts closer to me, peppering kisses along my shoulders. I do my best to focus on the call when she answers immediately.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, we're fine."

Prince pulls my hair off my neck and kisses just behind my ear, it seems like Angel's voice is so far away as she says, "We're back at the house, I was worried when you weren't here yet."

I start to moan, but clear my throat to disguise it, "We're on our way, it'll be about 10 minutes."

Prince growls an objection low in his throat, as he continues to focus on that sensitive area on my neck. I pull away and mouth to him, silently, "We have to go."

"Is Marcus still with you?" I ask as I watch Prince pout.

"Yeah, we're in the driveway," she replies. Duh, she can't get into the house.

"Okay, good. I'm sorry we weren't home, we'll be there soon." I hang up.

Prince stands, admitting defeat, and offers his hand to help me up. Hands intertwined, we walk to the car, I feel thankful that he brought me here and shared a little bit with me.

On the drive home he says, "You know that flower you sent me to put in Studio A?"

"Yes," I wait, I know what's coming, it was the whole reason I sent it.

"It's not doing very well," he looks apologetic.

"Well, it's a new transplant, they need a little extra care if they're going to thrive," I reply, hoping he's catching onto the comparison of the flower and myself. "Have you been giving it everything it needs: attention, love, sunlight, water?"

He grimaces, "I was, but I'm not always around."

"You can't expect something to thrive if you don't continue to nurture it." I explain. I toss in gently, "It applies to more than just flowers."

He nods looking thoughtful, he reaches and squeezes my knee. "I know what you're doing," looking at me from the corner of his eye, he nods, offering me a sideways smile.

Feeling accomplished, I stay quiet, hoping that dying flower will be a reminder for him to reach out to me on occasion when he's locked in the studio.

We pull into the drive, the SUV is parked off to the side, out of the way. Marcus and Angel are sitting on the steps facing each other in deep conversation, until the car pulls up beside them. He honks the horn even though they had seen us and were already starting to stand, Angel shoots Prince a dirty look. Marcus tries to look 'on duty' and he's failing miserably, it's easy to see how comfortable he is with Angel.

Prince climbs the steps, turns the knob and walks right into the house, leaving the door ajar. Angel and Marcus stare in awe, then look at me to see if I saw that the door was never locked.

"It's what he does," I shake my head, laugh and follow him inside, Angel and Marcus right behind me.

We gather in the foyer, Prince asks, "What do you ladies have planned?"

I shrug. "I really hadn't thought further than this morning's appointment. The Arboretum had been on my mind, but that's off the list."

Angel pipes up, "Marcus says there's a HUGE mall close by."

"Mall of America," Marcus specifies.

"I've never been, but I've heard of it," I say.

I look at Prince, he raises his hands in surrender, "Don't look at me, there would be a stampede if I walked in there." Then he adds, "I need to get back into the studio, anyhow. You ladies go, enjoy yourselves. Marcus, you have the American Express?"

"Yes, Sir," Marcus pats his pocket.

"Prince, we're probably going to be most of the day, I can drive us. I feel bad for Marcus having to tag behind us all day."

"No, Marcus has all day, it's his job. Plus, I want someone with you ladies," he says ladies, but looks directly at me. I apparently have upgraded to chaperone status.

"Sound good to you?" I ask Angel.

"Sounds fun, Marcus says there's even rides in there," she's visibly excited.

"I'll just need a second to freshen up," I make a face at Angel that she returns knowingly.

Prince and Marcus exchange glances, confused because they've never been through a pelvic exam.

"Actually," Prince says to me, "Could I see you a minute, first?"

He takes my hand, "Excuse us, please," and leads me to his office. As soon as the door is closed, I'm pulled close, our faces all but touching, the look in his eyes makes me weak.

"I just wanted you to know, I would give anything to love you right now," he glances at his desk and wets his lips. He moves his head beside mine, speaking directly into my ear, "I could take you right there on my desk, but you have company, and I can use this time in the studio."

Pulling his head back he meets my eyes again, his look is more serious, "I know women talk, and even if I tell you not to, I know there are things you're going to want to discuss with Angel." He takes a deep breath before continuing, "Please make sure you keep the privacy screen up if you talk in the SUV, Marcus is my employee. Even though he's signed an NDA, he doesn't need to know all of our private business, okay?"

"Yes, of course," I agree.

"Let Angel know what you two discuss, stays between you two," he presses his forehead to mine. I nod, causing our heads to rock together, he plants a soft kiss on my lips. I take the opportunity to deepen the kiss, I'm really feeling the need for connection. I break it off more quickly than I planned, because our breathing is getting heavier.

Prince reaches for the doorknob, "Have fun today, Baby, you deserve it," he stands back letting me out first.

We head back into the foyer, Prince says his goodbyes. Much to all of our surprise, he pulls me in for my cheek kiss. Angel gushes, Marcus politely averts his gaze.

With his arm still around my waist, he addresses Marcus, "Take care of these ladies," he pulls me closer, kissing my cheek again, "especially, this one."

"Yes, Sir." Marcus smiles.

Before I'm released, he whispers into my ear, "Buy yourself something nice."

He strides across the foyer and out the door. I excuse myself, rushing up the stairs to do a quick clean up, I'm back down and ready to go in a matter of minutes.

We're loaded into the SUV and on our way in short order.