Part 12

We arrive on the tarmac earlier than scheduled, we park. I question Prince about Marcus's whereabouts as someone else pulls our bags from the back and loads them on the jet.

"I sent him home already," as he hands the SUV keys to a different man in a uniform, I'm assuming he works for a vehicle rental agency.

I do a check to see that I have my purse before the man drives off. I notice in my quick scan that Prince has hold of his cane, I'm so glad I remembered it before we left.

We board the jet, sitting in our customary seats, awaiting instruction for take off. I know I look uneasy, he on the other hand, looks unbothered.

I do some deep breathing trying to stay positive about this new beginning in my life. I am giving up everything I know for the unknown, I am a little excited. I also know there will only be ramifications on my end if this doesn't work out.

I force myself to pull it together as I see Prince's eyes examining me, he's not going to coddle me forever.

So I ask, "Where's our first stop when we land?"

"The tarmac," he tests me.

"Makes sense," I laugh, "Then where?"

The pilot interrupts to tell us to fasten our seatbelts, we'll be taking off momentarily.

"How are you feeling?" Prince changes the subject.

"I feel good," which I do, but still tired, which I don't tell him. I don't ever remember being this tired.

"Thank you for staying the extra day, it really made things a whole lot easier for me," I settle my hand on his, running my thumb across his knuckles, "I hope I didn't put you behind on any projects."

He smiles, "You're welcome, I wanted us to go together. I do need to get into the studio, but the one day won't matter much."

"That song you sang me the yesterday at the house, please tell me you're going to record it."

"Yes, and that one from the vineyard. You will hardly recognize them when I get finished," he's animated in his excitement.

"I'm sure I'll love them," my smile fades as the jet starts to move, "that was fast."

We taxi to the runway, and before we know it, we are airborne and traveling smoothly. It's announced that we can move about, so we unfasten the seat belts, but remain seated in deep conversation for awhile longer.

When there's a lull in conversation, Prince stands, offering his hand to me, "Come. Lay with me."

This phrase he has used only once before with me, I recognize it immediately. I take his hand without hesitation, he leads me into the private cabin, closing the door behind us.

He climbs onto the center of the bed, laying on his back, he extends his right arm, the invitation to cuddle him.

I crawl in beside him, snuggle close, laying my head on his chest. A kiss is placed on the top of my head, he starts with the stroking, petting my hair.

"Shhhhhh," another kiss, the hand continues petting, "relax, listen to my voice."

His heartbeat, his voice, his soothing touch punctuated with kisses makes me instantly receptive. He's really good at this, I think, as he begins talking me down into a subconscious state. I willingly drift off as he speaks.

----------

I hear my name repeated twice before my eyes fully open, I smile up at him as he scans my face.

"Hey, Sugar," he grins.

He looks pleased, I wonder what information he obtained from me this time. Even though I feel placid, a small part of me is also curious. I know he won't share what's transpired while I was under, since I tried to find out the first time with no success. I trust him, but I can't help but feel he has the upper hand with this technique.

As I joke, I start making noises like a chicken, he laughs, "It's not anything like that," a kiss is placed on my forehead, then he says, "we need to get back up front, it won't be much longer."

I sit up on the edge of the bed in a disbelief. Prince crawls from the bed, and comes around to my side.

"What's wrong?" as he holds out his hand.

"We're almost there?" I question.

His eyebrows come up, and a nod, "Uh, huh," like it's no big deal.

"Cool," I say, taking his hand, but my mind is racing. He had me under for almost two hours!

As we settle back into our seats, a rush of excitement washes over me, I get chills. Prince notices and smiles one of his smug half smiles.

I take notice that he seems elated to be almost home. His mood is contagious, and I find myself anticipating our touch down. Just then the pilot announces that we are about ten minutes out and to secure our seat belts.

The jet lands, and as we come to a stop, the cheesiest grin spreads across his face. Here's where you can see some aging, I think, as I scan his face. This is only because it's a genuine smile, even his eyes are happy. My eyes fill with tears just seeing him like this, he's radiant.

Once the hatch is opened, he's raring to go. I see the familiar SUV parked on the tarmac, and Kirk collecting our bags from the handler. With the luggage and us loaded into the vehicle, we're off, cruising down the highway.