Part 32

The alarm on my phone goes off at 7:00, I hear a muffled grunt as an arm tightens around my waist.

There's no clock in this bedroom, so I don't know what time it was when Prince decided to actually come home. I just remember feeling him slipping in behind me, pulling me tight and the customary kiss on my shoulder.

I shift under his grip, "I have to get up."

"I know," his voice is somewhat gravelly.

We both sit up on our opposite sides. I'm surprised he's waking up with me as I get up and make my way into the bathroom.

I'm just finishing up peeing when he walks into the room, this is new.

I hesitate as he watches me, "Prince, I'm peeing!"

"Are you still bleeding?"

"I wasn't yesterday, but I haven't checked yet today," in my head I'm thinking, please leave, I can't finish up in front of you.

He waits, watching.

"You want me to check now?!"

He nods at me, "Yes."

I reach for some toilet paper, averting my eyes so I can't see him watching me, I wipe. He steps forward as I peek at the tissue, I release it into the toilet and stand quickly. "It's good, nothing."

"That's good." I hear him say as I'm turning to flush the toilet. I turn back to face him, mortified by this whole interaction, and he's gone.

I let out an audible sigh, pulling my nightie over my head, I step into the shower enclosure. Just about the time I get the water adjusted, I see Prince appear from his closet, he's already dressed. I watch him as I step under the spray, he takes a seat at the vanity, I can only assume he has decided to come with me for the appointment.

Since I didn't really need a shower, but was doing so because of the appointment, it's a quick one. I turn off the water, reach for a towel and without pausing, head straight into my closet. As I towel off, I scan my clothes, I decide on a skirt/blouse combo so I don't have to get totally undressed at the doctors.

I have just finished zipping the skirt when he walks in, his expression is affectionate, so I melt and smile at him. He walks straight up to me with a purpose, his right hand reaches to cradle the back of my head as he pulls me in for a kiss.

I look into his eyes as he pulls away, I recognize this Prince immediately, even before he speaks, "Good morning, Sugar."

Reaching out to stroke his cheek, "Good morning," I scan his face, then touch my nose to his playfully, his eyes sparkle as he smiles. I pull back just far enough to put on the blouse I'm holding.

"I'll meet you downstairs, Sugar," he says as places a second kiss on my cheek.

"I won't be long." As he starts to leave, I stop him. "Prince?"

He peeks back around the doorway, eyebrows up.

"Give Angel a heads up that we have just over an hour before we have to

leave, please."

He nods, and he's gone.

I throw myself together in short order, grab my phone to check the time, and put it into my purse, we still have an hour before we really have to go. I step out into the hallway to see Angel heading for the stairs herself, she's already ready.

"Hey, you look cute." I say.

Angel grins, "Thank you. I love that skirt!"

"Thank you,"

As we start down the stairs, Angel says, " I about pooped my pants when Prince showed up in my doorway this morning."

I stop mid step, "He didn't knock?" I'm a little upset by this. Unbothered, Angel continues her way down, so catch up.

"I was already up, I had just left the bathroom, he must have been right behind me." She pauses on the stairs to look me in the eye, "He's stealthy!" she whispers, wide eyed.

I laugh at her expression, nodding in agreement, "That he is, you have no idea!"

We are met with the aroma of breakfast as we hit the main floor, my stomach growls instantly.

Angel laughs, "Is he making you lose weight, too?" She reaches for my blouse that's supposed to be more fitted, and wiggles some excess material with her fingers.

"No, he's not, but I have lost some weight."

"I noticed when I got off the plane, you look good."

I thank her as we walk into the kitchen, Prince, smiling up at us, as he's placing the last omelette on a plate. Two other omelettes are already waiting on the breakfast bar of the countertop, along with large glasses of orange juice. Angel takes a seat on the end, I pour a coffee and sit next to her, leaving the empty space at the other end for Prince.

"You cook, too?!" Angel is amazed.

"Just omelettes," he laughs nonchalantly.

He comes around, taking his seat beside me, we all begin to eat. Angel makes a sound of appreciation as she takes her first bite. Prince and I grin, because his omelettes are pretty amazing.

I turn to him, "So you're going with us?"

"Yes, but I think it should just be us," he waves his finger between me and him.

Angel and I just look at him in disbelief with our mouths full.

I swallow before glancing at Angel, then look back at Prince, "What is Angel supposed to do, just sit here?"

"No, I arranged for Marcus to take her to the Arboretum, he'll be here soon," he focuses on his meal again.

Raising my eyebrows I look at Angel with a sly grin, she doesn't look upset by the change of plans, I wink at her.

Turning back to Prince, I say, "You know, that's not a bad idea."

"I know," he continues chewing, looking smug.

Just to check, I look back at Angel, "You're okay with that?"

"Yesssss," coupled with an exaggerated head nod.

I have to chuckle under my breath. With everything settled, we finish our meal in silence.

As I gather the empty plates, and pour myself another coffee, there's a knock on the door. Prince leaps off the stool and heads for the foyer, he returns quickly with Marcus in tow.

Marcus, not wearing his usual suit jacket and tie, looks more casual today, "Good morning, ladies. Angel, are you ready?"

"Yes!"

Now, if there was a world record for grabbing a purse and rushing across a room, Angel would have won it hands down. Prince passes me a glance as we watch a 5'2" Angel beam up at an easily 6'6" Marcus. We both sense the attraction and smile at each other knowingly.

Prince moves over to me, puts his arm around my shoulders, then pulls me tight. He addresses them, "You kids enjoy yourselves. We'll be, what, about an hour, hour and a half?"

I nod, "Let's just say two, to be safe. The

Arboretum is lovely, don't rush it."

We wave to them as they head out to the foyer, Prince, still holding me, looks over, "Are you ready?"

I shake my head no, pressing my lips together, "No woman enjoys a pelvic exam."

He pulls my head over, kissing my temple, "C'mon."

Gently taking my hand he leads me to his car.