Sneaky King

Devasena was in her suite in KunthalaDesam thinking of the exaggerated wink that the Maahismati king threw at her. Not that she was complaining. Was she?

It has been 2 full moons since she left Maahishmati sneaking behind everyone once the king left the suite. Later she learnt that he was the very highly praised king Amarendra Baahubali among many kingdoms there. Devasena sighed thinking about the disappointment her Naayak expressed at her childish behavior of sneaking without a chaperon by her side. They were the hidden kingdom of warriors. Kunthala kingdom according to many in the surrounding was flooded to death many years ago by the anger of the Jeevanadhi that separated Maahishmati, Singapuram and many other kingdoms from them. After that flood many years ago the little of human who were alive managed to get the kingdom back to this state but since being on the wrong side of the river, they had to make many protective arrangements which resulted in being separated from the civilization.

Now it was only Kunthala and their 20 tiny villages, living as a community. She had her kingdom to take care of than sitting and thinking of a Man who will look at them under his nose. They were warriors, not someone who are allowed to dream!

Devasena Sighed again and went about looking into the matter of her people. But she did not know that some dreams come true just like that.

AMMA!

Sivagami: Hmm!

She glared at her son who stood in front of her in that manner. She always thought that she had treated both her son equal. She never thought any of them less than the other. But who can turn down what Parmeshwar has planned. But as a mother, she did want her son to see what is right. But who was kidding? She knew that this will not happen as he was being blindfolded.

Bhalla: I said about a kingdom that can be a potential threat to us and you are not even considering it?

Sivagami: I am not the one who should be considering it Senathipati Bhallaladeva! It is in the hands of the king to decide about the wars.

Bijjala: Don't you think our king is distracted these days Sivagami?

Sivagami gave a secretive smile at her husband. She knew what is about to come or whatever he is trying to hint. But she also knew her son better. He is capable of answering 12 men at single breath.

Bijjala: What is that smile about?

Sivagami: You very well know that a king has many things on his plate to consider. So I am not even commenting on it. If Baahu decides on an attack he will let us know. Until then, we can look into other political matters.

She dismissed her son and husband from her suite and sent a maid announce her arrival to Amarendra in his royal private study and soon she was on her way to meet the king. Once in the study she was welcomed by her son and was given a seat.

Amarendra: What is the matter Amma?

Sivagami: Matters are going beyond the limits baahu. Whatever you are thinking about the kingdom Bhalla suggested to be potential threat to Maahishmati?

Amarendra drew in a long breath. He knew that he will have to face this soon. Why not now.

Amarendra: The kingdom he is talking about is Kunthala Rajyam!

Sivagami(frowning): But many years before, in the time of your grandfather.. the whole kingdom was flooded or at least that is what has been said.

Amarendra: Yes. But some villages and some people were saved and they have hidden themselves from the Civilization well. Before the flood, anyway many people died due to the war between Maahishmati and Kunthala Rajyam during Raja Ranadev Bhoopati. It was the kingdom that once helped Maahishmati with their warriors and later became victims for a ruse that started here! I am planning on a friendly hand than a war. They have excellent people trained for warriors. Even women are well trained.