The Return of Festivities

Aslam was running around.

"Anna.. Stop it. Why are you running?"

"I am not getting into that libaaz."

"Annaiyya! You are getting married. If not this, what will you wear?"

Mahendra asked, looking at the shining tunic that his vathinamma had asked him to make Aslam wear.

"Anything else. But not that shining piece of cloth that will make me look like a pole of twinkling lamps."

Mahendra laughed at his brother who was getting ready for his marriage with his childhood sweetheart. Though his brother never said anything, he understood the feelings he had towards Arzoo, despite him calling Jahannum, toofan etc. Mahendra chuckled.

"But you know, Vathina herself got this dress made for you by your dress makers."

"She is one Akkal ka dushman and you are my dushman. I am not wearing that twinkling tunic. Bas! Tomorrow when you will be getting married and Avantika selects something like this for you, then you will understand me."

Mahendra frowned. He was about to say something when he felt someone near him. He turned and widened his eyes.

"Va.."

But the person signalled not to say anything.

"But.."

"You are still stuck there Mahendra? I am not wearing that.."

Aslam said without turning to Mahendra. Shaking his head, Mahendra walked out as per instructions.

Outside he saw his mother, Sanga and Avantika with raised brows.

"Anna is worse than me!"

He said exasperated.

"Really?"

Avantika asked and Mahendra nodded his head.

"We will decide who is worse later. Now go and get ready."

"Where are amma and nana?"

"In their suite. Getting ready."

"These both!"

Shaking their heads, they moved to the decorated place where the wedding was to take place.

"Khan saab, why are you troubling my brother? Kyu pareshan kar rahe hai?"

"Arzoo begum, you are the one troubling me. You expect me to wear this twinkling tunic and stand there in the wedding as if I am some exhibition pole?"

Arzoo chuckled and with one pull of string, she removed all the twinkling stone works and presented him with a simple tunic. Aslam stood with his mouth open wide. Arzoo chuckled again.

"This was specially designed for people who would like to have a grand wedding attire and at the same time, be comfortable in case they find it heavy. How is it?"

"Your idea?"

Arzoo nodded her head excitedly.

"I saw our men working on our special trading items and saw that they were planning to start working on wedding attires. Since our wedding is also at the threshold, I thought this new idea would be good. In this way, it will look like two different attires while all it takes is a pull of a string."

"Haye my Jahannum begum. Your brain and the ideas that take form there would kill me one day. Qatilana khayalat hain yeh!"

He said holding his laughter and then laughed earning a jab from Arzoo.