A spark

"What journey Amma?"

Asked her son. Devasena had a faraway look in her eyes. But her eyes held a light that Mahendra saw whenever it was something private related to his parents. He looked up at Kattappa.

"Thatha? What happened to Rani Prasanna Devi?"

Kattappa smiled. Like his Raja Amarendra Baahubali, his son too had too many questions. But unlike Amarendra, he voiced them. A trait that he knew to be Devasena's!

"She went to Rajamata Sivagami Devi! To question about the King and Queen about whom everyone in the palace talked."

Kattappa recited how Rajamata Sivagami Devi told Rani Prasanna Devi about Raja Amarendra Baahubali and Rani Devasena.

But Devasena's mind was on something else. Something personal. She thought about the journey with her husband. With their trusted Bhadshaah and Veera.

It was one fine morning, when Amarendra squinted his eyes to the rogue sun rays that were entering their chamber. He, once was able to see clearly, saw his wife draping her saree and immediately sat up straight frowning. By that time Devasena who finished dressing up raised her eyebrow at her frowning husband.

" I am supposed to dress you up!"

"Aha! Not today Amarendra!"

"Not fair! And what is so special today, that I am not allowed my daily pleasure?"

Devasena giggled at her husband, who scowled like a boy not given his favorite toy. She went near him and bent down.

"Today if you are allowed, we will never leave this place."

"Leave?"

"Yes!"

"But where? This early?"

He turned to look out through the opening that became their window to see that Sun was just rising.

"Sun is just rising Deva! What is so important that we are leaving right now? Safety.."

"Just because we have life threats, we cannot leave our work! And I am not leaving you alone anywhere! So I am going to do my work and you my husband are going to tag along as my assistant!"

She enjoyed his exasperated expression as she called him assistant and tried stifling her smile.

"Devasena!"

"Come on! Wake up.. Get ready! Else we will be late!"

Amarendra groaned as he went on doing as he asked. By the time he was out, he saw Devasena telling something to Paartheeba who was intently listening to his Queen. He stood watching her with adoration. Paartheeba caught his eyes' line of sight and grinned.

"Paartheeba! I am telling something important! What are you grinning at?"

Came Devasena's admonishing that had Amarendra chuckling. He came and stood beside her as he lazily let his hand play with her waist ignoring her protesting glare.

"Paartheeba! Keep a careful watch! mainly on your wife!"

Paartheeba gave a knowing smile to his king while the other women glared at him. Amarendra turned to his wife and raised a brow.

"Aren't we getting late? We are supposed to leave right?"

Devasena was visibly angry now! Her husband was number one in annoying her. He tend to move smoothly with others. But her! Complete different scenario. Now her husband was grinning. To show her anger she stomped her feet on his, but at last moment, he moved his leg away grinning more widely at her that annoyed her more.