The War Begins!

Sorry again, I have drafted something and tried to match upto the grandeur SS Rajamouli created.. Hope I made justice. This is just half of my war draft. Next part will also come soon. THank you for putting up with me and my delays in posting this story.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Devasena stood there looking in the direction of the parapet of the Maahishmati fortress where she knew Bhallaladeva was standing. She knew that seeing his son's decapitated head, he would have gone mad and she was right at that. Everyone had already taken the goddess's blessing and she had presented her son with the sword. Now all she wanted was to see that demon of a man's end.

As she stood looking at the parapet, the earth beneath her feet shook as the fortress gate opened and Maahishmati's cavalry came out raking a tornado of dust around them.

"Mahendra!"

She called and Mahendra who stood with his arrow ready, the sword and spare arrows tied to his back, turned to the peripheral and shot his arrow.

On his side, a tree bark that was held with ropes broke out of the hold and charged towards the oncoming troop like a stone from catapult. It hit the first batch of the soldiers, pushing them off their horses and throwing them like dry leaves in heavy wind.

The soldiers who did not expect this attack were thrown back hitting other soldiers behind.

Kattappa who was standing behind along with his fellow slaves, ordered them to attack.

"PRATHIGHAT!"

They ran around throwing the cavalry men with the spears, bolas and daggers they had.

Bhallaladeva who saw this, ordered his infantry to move forward and attack. Mahendra turned back to look at his mother and then looked beyond once before showing a fist to his men behind.

Yelling and roaring all ran towards the upcoming cavalry and infantry. Mahendra alone, took 10 men together. Devasena stood proud in front of the goddess of war seeing her son and so did Amarendra.

Bhalla grit his teeth seeing Mahendra fight just like Amarendra. HE was fierce, he had to give him that.

Slowly Bhallaladeva saw that his army was getting less in number. Bhalla ordered another set of infantry to move forward. Devasena looked at Naayaka and Chandrayya who gave their signals. Kattappa called for his men. Hey immediately using their shields formed a wall like structure and the Kunthala people brought thick polished stones and the tribal boys took a stone for each nd twirling, started throwing them towards the oncoming army. Since the stone were polished and in perfect size, they flew easily and hit the target perfectly throwing men off their balances for the trained army to pick on them.

Bhallaladeva went mad seeing this and punched he parapet hard. His men were equally mad. The cavalry rushed forward like a storm and jumped the makeshift wall trying to land on the people on the other side. Mahendra who saw this, looked here and there and saw the tree bark near him. Picking it above his head, he ran and threw it on the horsemen that had crossed their wall.

Behind him, there were many tribal boys with slingshot who threw small stones at the infantry that came running towards them.

Amarendra from wherever he was hiding smiled. From his vantage point, it was easy for him to look at the every move in the warfield.

At that moment, everyone heard a conch being blown. Everyone turned to the gate of the fortress and saw nothing but a sandstorm. But from behind the curtain of the storm, came a war chariot, that rained arrows all over. Over the arrow machine was a fan made of sharp sword blades that rotated as the chariot moved forward, killing anyone coming on the way.