The Engagement

Devasena was pacing the dimensions of her suite while her friendly stood there looking at her. Her Rani Devasena was never confused. She was one strong woman she ever had the fortune to meet. She always took decisions in a very calm and cool manner. To see such a woman pacing the suite this way, was something they will not get to see in coming many years. She heard Devasena mumbling and sharpened her ears.

Devasena(mumbling): how dare he! How could he do that to me? And my Veera how dare she push me to that.. That... MAN!

She stopped her pacing and sighing about THAT MAN!

Devasena: SULOCHANA!

She called her maid.

Maid: Yes Rani Devasena.

Devasena: Ask our stableman to check my Veera. She is behaving strangely nowadays.

Before Sulochana could reply, they heard someone answering.

VEERA OR ANYONE, WILL HAVE TO BOW DOWN BEFORE MY BAADSHAAH!

Sulochana bowed paying her respects to their guest, Amarendra Baahubali the Maahishmati King and moved out on Devasena's silent order. Devasena prepared herself for this.

Devasena: Not every mare needs a Gelding.
Amarendra(smirking): Who says Baadshaah is a Gelding? He is a proud Stallion.

Devasena: Doesn't make a difference.

Amarendra: Well, what if we divert the topic to a Man and Woman?

Devasena: Still the same. Not Every woman needs a Man!

Amarendra: I don't know about every man. But this man needs a woman and mainly this woman.

He said holding her hand. It was not something out of line. But it was not purely innocent either as Amarendra drew circles on her palms with his thumb sending electric shocks throughout her. Devasena pulled her hand and stood glaring at him.

Devasena: Because you want this kingdom!

Amarendra: Ahh Nonsense! If I just wanted this kingdom there are many ways to get it!

Devasena: Then why is Maharaja so keen on this relationship?

Amarendra: Will Maharani take my words for this man falling for this strong yet vulnerable in her own way woman?

Devasena: I AM NOT VULNERABLE!

Amarendra chuckled as he closed the distance between them. Since this was her private suite, except for her maid, no one was allowed until she asked for and now as she dispersed her maid and she and THIS MAN were all alone.

Amarendra: Being Vulnerable is not to be thought as offending.

Devasena: As a queen of this kingdom I cannot afford to be Vulnerable Maharaja!

Amarendra: No!

Devasena: I don't think this is something good Maharaja. We are warriors. You are Kshatriyas of higher caste. As you said, you can take this kingdom in any way if you wish. But That is not something that will happen with anyone's support here neither will the marriage will be supported in King's circles. You will have to look for a suitable bride. Not a warrior queen of some lost kingdom.

Saying Devasena was about to turn away when she was pulled into Amarendra's hold and then into his arms. He lifted her chin and look straight into her eyes. Like he said, she was too strong yet too vulnerable. His eyes softened further as his fingers caressed her cheeks.

Amarendra: Rani Devasena should take my word that this is far more important than the political reasons.

Devasena was about to protest when a servant announced the arrival Maahishmari Rajamata and ministry cabinet. Her Naayak has arranged for a meeting in their Sabha. Amarendra sighed and moved away.