Return to Maahishmati

AMMA.. AMMA!

Mahendra tried waking her as she was hyperventilating in sleep and became unconscious. Naayaka asked Avantika to bring water mixed with tulasi and other herbs. He then asked Avantika to rub her feet and palms. Mahendra was about to take her feet but Naayaka stopped him from doing so.

"Yuvaraja, you have a very important duty"

"Enti Mama?"

Naayaka pulled her head on to his lap and poured the herbal water into her mouth and closed his palm over her mouth.

"Yuvaraja, hold her nose and give her a hard slap"

MAhendra got angry! Slap his mother? Was he kidding?

Avantika who was rubbing Devasena's feet held his shoulder.

"Shiva! Do as he says! She will wake up. But fast. If you delay, we cannot save her as she is about to stop breathing."

Mahendra gritted his teeth as he held her nose. Devasena gulped the medicine as she tried breathing.

"Now Yuvaraja"

Amarendra closed his eyes as he gave one slap to Devasena on her cheeks which was actually a tap.

"Avantika rub faster. She should feel the heat. Yuvaraja one more. But this time harder."

He said. Mahendra glared as he slapped Devasena once again. This time she woke up sputtering and coughing crazy.

AYYA! AYYA!

He was thrashing on his bed. It was like he was having fits. Vaidhyulu immediately tied down his hands and legs and opened his robes. Hitting on his chest, he tapped Amarendra's cheeks.

"Ayya! Wake up!"

He tapped hard.

"You are safe"

At last Vaidhyulu tapped hard once almost like a hit and Amarendra opened his eyes wide taking deep breaths. Vaidhyulu made him lie down again and fed him herbs water little by little.

"Rani Devasena! You are ok"

Avantika rubbed her back as Devasena sat leaning on the pillow there. She took deep breaths. Once she was feeling a little better and started breathing normally, Naayaka again made her drink the herbal water.

"Rani Devasena! Why do you want to test your fate. You know that thinking of water itself gives you fits"

"You understand me so well Naayaka."

She said chuckling. Only Naayaka, Sulochana and Amarendra knew about her fear of water.

"Why not! I brought you up"

"Amma! What happened?"

"Nothing Yuvaraja! She must have thought of the time she fell in water travelling to Maahishmati!"

Devasena thought of the time when she was scolded very badly by her husband.

AYYA!

Amarendra turned to the Vaidhyulu trying to calm his breathing.

"What happened Vaidhyulu?"

"Nothing Ayya. You are fine."

Amarendra just sighed as he knew that he will not be fine until he the end of the people responsible for his fate.