A Lullaby

Amarendra threw his vastra that kept irritating him and his wounds. Struggling he sat on the chair like rock in the cave leaning his back on the wall closing his eyes. It was the pain of 2 decades and they were the gift given by his brother for being loved. Suddenly he felt a chill and opened his eyes looking at 2 pairs of eyes that had a fire in them that so resembled them. He tried to sit up but was stopped.

"Nanna? Aslam.."

But they did not utter a word as they applied medicines on his wounds. At that moment Devasena was being pushed inside the cave by Avantika and Sanga.

"Avantika! Meeru..!"

Devasena was not even let to talk.

"Naayaka!"

She called the man who was responsible for this. He came running making Amarendra chuckle.

"What is this? Did you forget that I am still your queen?"

"No! That's why this is necessary!"

"What?"

"Naayaka! Ahh! Nice to see that with age, you have grown brain too!"

Naayaka wanted to glare but he could not as he saw Devasena laughing. He smiled looking at one man who could crack joke on him and smile like that. Both men nodded to each other as Naayaka turned to Avantika and raised his brow. Avantika immediately made Devasena sit beside Amarendra and stood beside Naayaka. Mahendra stood beside her, Aslam beside him and Sanga beside them. Devasena glared.

"That will not work Rani Devasena. I just heard Aslam saying about how Maharaja had been all these years and we all know what was your situation until Yuvaraja came! So Just rest!"

Saying he moved out with others.

"This man!"

Devasena muttered under her breath making Amarendra chuckle. That's when Devasena saw all those wounds on her husband's body, starting from the base of the throat and went upto his stomach. The wounds were so crass and looked like it took hell a lot of efforts to heal them.

Her eyes met his and he immediately noticed the fire in it along with hot tears. Devasena's hands slowly caressed the wounds. Amarendra's hands tried to touch her wounds near her chin but Devasena pushed his hands away angrily wiping the angry tears.

"Deva!"

"Entandi idi? How can you sit quietly here. Seeing this itself is making my blood boil. Meeru ela bharistunnarandi? How are you bearing it?"

"Nuvu bharinchaledu? How did you bear these for all these years Deva?"

"All because of me!"

She said and turned away only to be caught by Amarendra who made her rest her head on his chest. Automatically her hand curled around his heart making sure to be gentle.

"Deva! This was bound to happen. But let me tell you. If not for you, I would not have survived. I would have died that day."

Devasena looked up scowling making Amarendra smile. His hand that were around her shoulders, pressed her assuring that nothing can happen to him.

Ahem ahem..!

Both turned hearing the throat clearing. They both looked up to see Mahendra, Avantika and Aslam standing there looking anywhere but them. They both sat upright and tried to look everywhere.

"Mahendra.. Aslam?!"

Devasena tried breaking the awkward silence. This made Amarendra grin which in turn made Devasena scowl. Mahendra saw how they annoyed each other first hand. Aslam who already had seen them enjoyed their antics while Avantika was smiling wide.