In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight

Bhallaladeva shuddered as he felt something strange as if someone was calling him with a murderous rage. He stood at the parapet in his chamber looking at the big empire of his. Something made him walk towards Amarendra and Devasena's chamber that had been locked for years. He opened it and went in. He stood looking at the human size portrait of his so called brother. He felt as if he was laughing for letting an outsider get the best of him, for letting an outsider burn down his palace, and for letting someone kidnap Devasena from her jail.

He kept looking at the pole remembering the time when he had everything crumbling around him.

Sivagami entered her study after a tiring journey to the interior and exterior Maahishmati villages trying to investigate the rumor. When a rumour spreads, it is very difficult to find its source but it does spread fast like a forest fire. Sivagami was really astonished at how fast people start talking defaming someone. Will they not think about the person once before?

Sighing she summoned for Chandrika.

"Rajamata"

Chandrika bowed in front of Sivagami and stood awaiting her command. Sivagami looked up at her confidante, her guard, her companion and what not.

"Chandrika, you said that the person responsible for everything going around here is from the inside of the palace."

"Avunu Rajamata. I said what I gathered"

Chandrika replied politely. Sivagami eyed her, whether to scold for the comment or make her take back or make her withdraw the polite mask, she did not know. All she could do was sigh.

"Truth is a bitter poison Rajamata!"

"I understood that the moment I decided to look into royal matters myself decades ago. But still it does not mean that I would like it"

Chandrika chose not to comment on it and she chose well. Sivagami started pacing around the salon of her royal suite.

"What else did you gather?"

"Kattappa is still on the lookout for Maharaja Bahubali"

"Not that! I am asking about the conspirators"

"The conspirators have done what they could. Defaming is a nasty weapon to handle. But for now, there is another pressing matter that needs looking into"

"Which would be?"

"I think Mahishmati is about to be attacked."

There was perfect silence the moment Chandrika spilled the news.

On the other side, in Royal study Kattappa stood with his head bowed as Maharaja Bhallaladeva paced and with every passing moment, his eyes were taking a darker shade of red.

"How could this ever happen?"

"I don't know Maharaja! But looks like this time the force is just too much. We need more soldiers"

"And who is having the guts to even think about attacking my Kingdom"

"That is not yet known"

"Then how did you even know about this possible attack"

"Sources Maharaja! And instincts"

"Don't you dare act smart with me"

Kattappa could only bow his head.

"Kattappa! Are our soldiers ready?"

".."

"Why are you silent"