Rise of the Fallen

AMMAAA

NANAAA

Mahendra's and Aslam's voice failed to reach Amarendra and Devasena ears and brain for a long time as they kept choking and struggling for breath. After a hard shake from Aslam & Mahendra, both woke up from their long sleep.

"Nanna Mahendra!"

Amarendra called for his son who was near him even before he could finish.

"Nana.."

He felt Devasena's hand on his hair.

"Aslam.."

"Ammi"

He was in her feet the next moment.

"What happened Amma?"

"What is wrong Abbu?"

Both the sons asked their parents who chuckled bitterly. At that time, Arzoo came there with a jug of water and made them drink it while they leaned on their sons.

"Yeh kya Khan saab. Can't you see that they are tired? Is this the time to ask them questions and interrogate them?"

She admonished Aslam who glared at her.

"We are trying to find out what is wrong with them and why they were choking Arzoo! Abbu has already choked once after he woke up from his long sleep and Vaidyulu had to struggle to get him to conscious."

"So you see that its nothing but because of the struggles they went through for more than two decades. Abhi jaayiye yahaan se. Let them rest. You too Yuvaraja."

Mahendra obediently followed Arzoo making Aslam also follow them shaking his head. And soon Avantika too followed them. But Kattappa and Naayaka stayed back with their King and Queen.

"Baahu.."

"Rani Devasena.."

"A day when Amarendra Baahubali failed to save his promise.. Ought to be a little bitter to remember right? Like a slow but deadly poison.."

"A day when I heard that my husband was killed by a man whom he respected as much as a father and then lose my son, the only light in all my darkness, on the very same night.. Ought to be disturbing right? Like vicious snake around my neck."

Their feeble voices shook the men there and mainly Kattappa.

"But you are here Maharaja. Your promise is kept.."

"And your son is alive Thalli.. And he is light not just for you, but the whole of Maahishmati which is drowning in the darkness.."

"Spread by that.."

But Naayaka stopped seeing Amarendra's fallen face. Devasena's hand rested on top of Amarendra's getting and giving strength from the touch.

"Amarendra.. He is no more a brother to you than he is the good king of his subjects and motherland."

"As the crown Prince and as per my promise to protect the subjects of my motherland, I know that he has to be punished. More than that, for the barbaric acts he did with my family, I know that I should kill him. But he is also the son of the same family Deva!"

"Ledu Amarendra.. He is not the son of same family. He is not a human anymore to consider all this! Naayaka Kattappa.. Have some rest. We don't have much time."