A New Feeling

"Who was it Thatha?"

Mahendra's confused eyes met Kattappa's sad ones. Devasena frowned.

"Rani Prasanna devi heard Bhalla and Bijjaladeva's plans of defaming your mother nayna!"

"So? She is the queen! She is his wife! She has rights to stand up to him. Kada Amma?"

Mahendra turned to get his mother's support, who was as sad as Kattappa.

"Amma? Thatha? Naayaka Mama?!"

Taking a long breath, Kattappa explained what happened to Prasanna Devi.

"Nayna Mahendra! Rani Prasanna Devi is not your mother to stand up against the wrong putting her foot down. She was raised to take the duty of being a stone in the crown of the king, who was to marry her."

"Ante?"

"She was not brought up to raise her voice. Though she was the queen, she was buried under the duty of being a queen and wife to her king and husband."

"So she never spoke about this?"

Mahendra asked breathing fire. For a moment, Devasena saw herself in her son. So did Naayaka!

In Maahishamati..!

Bhalla stood in his room balcony looking at the pillar, to which he had tied Devasena to. His eyes were brimming with fire, as he waited for his son Bhadra to return with the news he was awaiting. The death of the boy who had shown him hell in few minutes. Those eyes..!

"Bhalla!"

Bhalla turned to see his father coming in with a tensed look on his face.

"Nana?"

"The soldiers and Bhadra did not return yet Bhalla!"

"I know!"

"Something is not right Bhalla. How could an outsider have entered our fortress and leave without much struggle? And he took Devasena too!"

"I know!"

"Enti thelisedi Bhalla? Do you get how serious this is?"

"I know Nana! But I will not believe until I see who is behind all this!"

"You are forgetting what happened during Vigrahavishkarana"

"I SAID I WILL NOT BELIEVE UNTIL I SEE HIM MYSELF! YOU ARE ONLY FORGETTING WHAT HAPPENED 25 YEARS BACK NANA"

Bhalla's voice boomed in the walls of the Maahishmati fortress making Bijjala widen his eyes. His son, who never lost his cool, was now yelling at him? Bhallaladeva the mighty is agitated?

Bhalla thought of his wife, who had heard all his plans for the downfall of Amarendra Baahubali and thought of how he got her silence.

Prasanna devi entered her Royal chamber and started pacing, thinking of what she heard.

Was her husband really that ambitious that he did not care for the reputation of a woman? The wife of his brother? Who was the man she married? The one who was distant but always with a smile or the one with these mercenary plans to hold on to his throne? Who was he?

"Nenu enta ani alochistunara Rani Prasanna Devi? Are you trying to unpuzzle me?"

Prasanna gasped and turned to see the man of her thoughts standing live in front of her, with that smirk on his face.