A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably

Kattappa smiled as he entered Maahishmati weapons warehouse. His fellow slaves looked at him and they smiled too. But then frowned.

"What happened?"

"Our king is back! Its high time, we started serving him!"

Shaking his head he moved from there leaving the others confused.

Bhalla looked at the sun raising for the fifth day and his restlessness grew even more. Devasena was not there, his son missing and this sudden feeling down his spine, made him irked so much.

He moved to the military training ground where he found his Mahasena inspecting their weapon. Just like his brother asked them, the Mahasena never once slipped again. They were ready for anything anytime. His brother! Who shadowed him completely.

In caves, Mahendra woke up to a very beautiful visual. As the rising sun's rays entered their chamber, it illuminated the visual more. His father was having his head on his mother's shoulder and she had leaned her head on his. Avantika had curled up closer into Devasena's arms that were around him and Avantika. Other the other side Aslam was under Amarendra's arm, apart from that Amarendra and Devasena had arm around each other too as they slept.

Smiling Mahendra woke up Aslam and Avantika signalling them to stay silent and move out. They smiled nodding their heads and moved out.

Amarendra woke up first feeling so fresh. He tried moving but felt the difficulty. But his movements caused disturbance to Devasena who moved her head from on his. Amarendra now straightened himself and looked around for kids who were to be seen nowhere. Smiling he turned to Devasena who was still having difficulty in adjusting her vision to the light.

"Devasena!"

He called worried. Devasena rubbed her eyes trying to adjust her vision. Amarendra sat upright blocking the light falling on her. Devasena slowly opened her eyes and adjusted her vision. She smiled at her husband who's worry filled gaze was going all over her.

"I am fine! I just take time to get used to harsh sun rays sometimes."

"You used to enjoy sunrise!"

"I said harsh sun rays! I still enjoy sunrise"

Devasena smiled at Amarendra but Amarendra's face was emotionless.

"Deva! I thought I was in hell all these years. But you..!"

His eyes were spitting rage. Devasena's arm around him tightened.

"I am alive!"

"Yeah! I am alive too!"

"But just like you said earlier that I kept you alive, you kept me alive too Amarendra"

She said as she caressed his wounds. The puckered skin, crass wounds filled her with rage. She had seen his skin glow majestically with war wounds. But these were wounds of betrayal which she could never digest.

"You know! I was in a cell,chained and tied to a pole in the center of the fortress! In front of Athaiyya's Shivalingam! I stood in sun, got wet in rain, bled completely, did not have a proper change until Chandrika came with a change or did not have food or water to drink until Kattappa brought me some hiding from others. But nothing mattered. Because my every breath was filled with fire that was waiting to burn him. While my every heartbeat kept saying your name. Kept reminding me of the times we spent together in the wild, dreaming of our life together and our sons and daughters..!"