The Hamsa Naava

Enough!

Avantika, Mahendra and Devasena looked up at Naayaka who stood towering them.

"Enti Naayaka?"

"Night has fallen Rani Devasena! From last night we are here. You need rest Rani Devasena! You are to be tended properly."

"But.. Amma!"

Devasena smiled seeing her son very eager to listen to the whole story. She caressed his mane.

"You have been through a lot Mahendra. You need rest too Nanna. Come on. We are very close to our hide out. And Naayaka! Make arrangements for the bodies to be hidden."

"Naayaka Mama! Preserve that good for nothing fellow's body and head separately."

Naayaka smiled looking at Devasena. Kattapa just bowed his head.

"Hukum"

The younger man turned to the Vaidhyulu who had disturbed them.

"Kya hai?"

He asked.

"He has to rest. Night has fallen Hukum. He needs all the rest he can have."

The man sighed.

"He is right Chote Khan saab. I need rest. Then only I can get ready to face my brother! I want to leave to Maahishmati as soon as possible."

"I am coming too Chachu. Aslam ke bina, Chachu is going nowhere!"

Amarendra touched Aslam's shoulders and nodded.

Mahendra carried Devasena to the caves and stood looking as it was functioning on a full mode. Devasena chuckled remembering how Amarendra stood with same expression when he came to the hideout for the first time. Naayaka came to them.

"Rani Devasena, your cave is all ready. If you will Yuvaraja"

He said showing the way to her personal cave where she spent time with her husband the last time she was here. Mahendra carried her inside and placed her on the bed there that was made of rocks. He covered her with an old saree as heavy covers would not let her wounds heal. Avantika had already changed her saree so all she had to do was rest. Mahendra lit a torch there and went out and stood outside the entrance along with Avantika. MAhendra looked up and closed his eyes. Avantika held his shoulders and shook her head.

"This is not the time Shiva!"

"I know! But still I cannot take all that happened to her!"

"We will make them pay"

"I will!"

Both held their hands as Naayaka stood and watched.

There inside, Devasena looked the cave ceiling and thought about their travel to Maahishmati.

In the Port.

"Devasena, for once listen to me."

"Why?"

"What why! Do you even realize that you are fighting with me for pickle?"

He asked shaking his head in exasperation. Devasena turned to her with her hands on hips.

"We are about to travel in a Naava! Only pickle can help me put up with it!"

"Seriously? If you are sick of travel through waterways, then why did you even select this?"

"This is the only way to reach Mahaparvatham soon without attracting anyone's suspicion."