A fight and The Makeup

"Then what did happen Amma? Did you forgive Nana?"

Devasena's eyes that were looking dead until that moment, had a gleam to them. Mahendra gave her a questioning look for which she shook her head and looked at no where. She still remembered the day in details. Well, she did remember everything about her life with mainly Amarendra to make it eventful. There was not a moment worth forgetting.

Amarendra was sitting on top of a cave under open moon lit sky throwing pebbles down aimlessly. Paartheeba climbed next to him and stood panting. Amarendra looked up at him.

"Rani Devasena is calling you down!"

"What? Whom does she think I am.. to summon like a servant!"

"Well.. ask her!"

"Not with her dagger or sword in vicinity!"

He said and moved down and slithered to ground. Then he entered the cave leaving Paartheeba up there with open mouth thinking about the condition of a married male. Well, He had to have Raasi under check!

Amarendra entered their bed chamber and stood suddenly taking in the sight. His wife was sitting fanning herself with a very big feast spread in front of her. He eyed it and then her dubiously but she just turned her face and went about fanning herself. Amarendra came and sat in front of the food and took one poornala Unde and bit it. The moment it touched his tongue he felt the taste run to his head. He sputtered and looked around for water.

"Huh! Devasena! Manchi neeledi? Where is the water?"

"Why?"

she asked raising her brow stopping her fanning action!

"What why! And where is Raasi? What has she made?"

"Why?"

Came same question in a little uncertain tone.

"What why? Did you even eat? Its burnt.. Will human.."

But he stopped looking at the sparks flying in Devasena's eyes. She put the fan aside, actually threw it aside and stood up. Amarendra gulped. She walked to him, he stood up. Before he could grasp the situation, he was caged between Devasena's arms and the cave wall.

"Devasena.. Deva"

"So, no human will eat that?"

"Yes.. I mean No.."

"Why are you stuttering?"

"You.."

"Well.. ?"

"Devasena.. You cook.."

"Ahh.. So you did know!"

"I understood!"

"So you say that no human will eat what I cook"

"I never said so"

"Did you now?"

He took a deep breath. Being cornered by his own wife in their bedchamber.. Ahh! What a shame to his ego. So he decided to take bull by horn.

"Well.. I am being honest. It really does taste bad. But a very good attempt being your first in kitchen"

Devasena looked at him through narrowed eyes.

"Where was Raasi when you were on this stunt?"

"None of your business"

"And tell me! Why did you even do this when you know nothing about kitchenette or cooking?"

And that did the needful.

"Amarendra! First you mock me for not knowing cooking and when I try something you make fun of that too?"