A New Emotion

"Amma! To have revenge, there are many ways! But tarnishing the image of a woman? Is he even a Man with functioning maleness?"

"Sivudu"

Sanga called in, trying to control her son's rolling tongue. But looking at Devasena, she stopped. Devasena looked down at her son. Though he looked like her husband, did she find many qualities of herself in him?

"Nanna Mahendra! This is called going behind our backs. Everything he did was always to our backs. In front of our face he always stood with this smile, that revealed nothing behind it."

"How come Nana let him go for this?"

Mahendra was by now erupting like a volcano. But Devasena smiled, confusing him.

"He did not"

"Huh?"

"He did not spare the person, Mahendra."

A shadow crossed her eyes, that Mahendra did not like at all. He looked at Naayaka, who also had the same expression on his face. Not wanting to go into the bitter memories for now.. Mahendra asked a question, that could lighten up his mother.

"Amma! You managed to defeat that man Wahab Khan in front of Nana. Didn't Nana feel that he was supposed to take charge?"

Devasena who remembered, the knowing smile her husband wore that day, chuckled.

"He knows me too well to do that Mahendra. I am not the normal demure type queen and he still married me. So he should live with the consequences, right?"

Naayaka and Kattappa chuckled.

"You did make him live the consequences Thalli!"

Kattappa said shaking his head. Mahendra smiled at his mother. With each passing moment, he was experiencing the depth of their life and how they filled it with love, even when they were surrounded by conspiracies.

"So he just let you?"

"Well.. he had a condition!"

"Condition?"

"He wanted me to let him have a girl in his arms!"

Mahendra's eyes went wide. She imagined her own reaction to Amarendra's wish and laughed. With every passing moment, her son was proving to be more like her.

She went back in time to live the moment, when her husband had made that demand.

Wahab khan was happily presenting all the dishes he had tasted from different places he travelled, along with the stories behind them.

"Lo behen.. Dost.. Khao! Enjoy the food. Specially ordered vegetarian food as you wished"

Devasena, who by then was as hungry as a Feral Cat, a very hungry cat at that, attacked whatever was in her plate with gusto. Amarendra went on watching with amusement. He had never seen a woman enjoy food like this, apart from his Amma. His Amma used to say,

"A human, who knows to respect the food, will know to respect every thing on the face of earth for the worth of it"

However, he has seen women always being given rules, when it comes to eating. As a result of which, women were very conscious of their eating habits and he had never liked that. But Devasena was a fresh change. This was one of many qualities that attracted him to her.

"Dost! You are not eating?"

Wahab frowned. Amarendra shook his head and started having his food, when Aslam from out of no where came and sat on Devasena's lap. Wahab looked scandalized. But Amarendra just looked, with a smile adorning his lips.