Amarenda Devasena Varasudu

Naayaka was happily running around decorating the hut and then looking after Sulochana too in between

Naayaka was happily running around decorating the hut and then looking after Sulochana too in between. But Sulochana was well cared for. Amarendra took care of it ever since Devasena put forth her suspicion of twins. He made sure Naayaka was there with her most of the time.

Amarendra made it his mission to make his wife feel safe and secured as they were nearing the day. Amarendra worked to his heart's content and slept well in this hut. He did not feel the need to be alert in this place as he knew in this place he and his family were safe. In palace his mother was only solace. But this place made his heart feel at peace. He liked being a commoner than a royale.

Amarendra stood there in the temple as he saw his wife getting pampered. The villagers said it was tradition to this ritual of Seemantham by the end of 8th full moon and beginning of the 9th. The elderly lady asked him to come closer. He went.

"Ayya! Part her hair with this auspicious stick"

Amarendra smiled as he saw Devasena's face taking the pink hue as this was Devasena's new demand. Now it became his duty to even do her hair along with saree draping and jewellery adorning.

He chuckled as she glared at him for delaying. He did as he was told and parted her hair. Then he took gandham and adorned her cheeks, ankles and wrists with it. He took the colored glass bangles and adorned her wrists. For a moment Amarendra's smile faltered. Had he done right by his queen?

At that moment Devasena shook her hands making those clink sounds with her bangles. He looked up and same her smiling at him. And he smiled. She is happy and that made him happy.

"Ayya!"

Amarendra turned to the elderly woman who gave him a plate that was filled with 5 varieties of rices, pulihora, Nimmahora, Ksheerannam, Kobbari Annam, MaavidiAnnam. Smiling he took the plate and fed her each rice which she ate happily as her taste buds were acting. He chuckled seeing at her eagerness. Shaking his head he wiped his hands clean and took two tamalapakulu, betel leaves, dipped them in Pasupu gandham mix and kept it on her belly on either side as she leaned back and sat with her hands supporting her.

As he was doing this, side by side a girlchild was made to sit beside Devasena and her wrists were being adorned with bangles. He smiled looking at the kid thinking about his own child.

At that moment he felt it. He looked at her who smiled glowing at him as she held his hands keeping her hands above his on her belly and he felt again.

"Deva!"

She nodded her head. His smiled and it was widening with each passing moment. His happiness knew no bound. After 8 full moons, he felt his child today. He looked here and there not knowing how to express his happiness. Then he saw a mangala vaadhyam kept in the temple and took a naayanam and started creating a happy tune.

Devasena chuckled as she saw him make a tune, off tune, but still, she could understand his happiness. She looked at Naayaka who was smiling and shaking his head looking down as he held Sulochana and doing the same as Amarendra.