A Bitter News

"RAjamata Sivagami Devi?"

The older man shook his head thinking of the woman who promised to safeguard his home, who was responsible for all the ruckus.

"She was not a person whom everyone thought to be."

"Obviously chachu. Else you are not a person to brand someone with so much bitterness that easily unlike Chachi"

He chuckled remembering his impulsive wife.

"Devasena!"

Devasena felt a breeze caress her. She closed her eyes reveling in the feel.

"Amma!"

She turned to see her son looking at her with a frown.

"What happened Nanna?"

"How did you come to know about the rumours Amma?"

"Naayaka"

Naayaka shook his head.

"I broke the news to her"

"But.."

Devasena thought of the day..!

"Deva! Deva"

He shook her awake near the dawn as she said. Devasena yawned and went back to sleep turning to the other side. Amarendra shook his head looking at his wife behaving like a kid. He shook her again, but in vain. He carried her in his arms thinking of taking her to shower and waking her up there. But she curled up in his arms hugging his neck and slept again placing her face in the crook of his neck. Exasperated Amarendra looked down at her.

She looked so serene and peaceful as she slept. He stood there looking at the bundle in his hands. He so wanted his baby to be like her. He shook his head thinking about another crazy person he would have to take care if his wish was to come true. At that precise moment Devasena opened her eyes and looked into smiling eyes of her husband.

"What happened Amarendra"

She asked caressing his stubbled cheek.

"Thinking about the craziness I will have to bear if our baby turns out to be like you!"

Devasena glared at him and hit on his chest making him laugh.

"Imagine my state if I had one like you."

"You will be more happy"

He said winking. She just got down and pushed him.

"Yes like now! I said we have to leave before dawn! Look outside. Is this before dawn?"

"I have been waking you since.. I don't know how long"

He complained.

"Yeah? By carrying me in your arms?"

"I was planning on dropping you in the pond as you were not waking!"

"Huh? Is this the way you treat your wife? Huh! I am not even ready to argue. I am going to get ready. We have to leave even before Naayaka gets a wind of what we are planning to do."

Saying she rushed towards her bath area only to halt as the world around, spinned and stopped. Amarendra steadied her and wiped the beads of sweat forming on her forehead with his vastra.

"Calm down Devasena! Relax."

She just smiled at his worried face. She looked into his for sometime and all of a sudden she pulled him to her holding his vastra and slowly took his lips in a nice long kiss. Amarendra savoured the feel of her against him as pulled her more close putting his arms around her waist. Suddenly Devasena pushed him and rushed back to her bathing suite mumbling.