Brotherhood

Mahendra was lying on a tree branch with Avantika on him. Her head was resting on his chest and his hand was caressing her hair. The silence was so soothing to both. In span of 5 days they saw a lot and went through hell a lot. Suddenly Avantika raised her head with arms over his chest and scowled at him.

"What?"

Mahendra asked.

"Shiva? Were you really going to take sanyasam?"

Mahendra chuckled. His hand that was caressing her hair went low and wrapped around her waist and pulled her close making her wince.

"Even if I am, you are coming with me"

He said looking into her eyes. She blushed but gave him a glare.

"What will I do when you are enjoying sanyasam?"

"Hmm.. Big question.. Let me see..."

HE pulled her closer and was about to do some mischief when she pushed him giggling.

"Shiva! Behave!"

Mahendra raised his brow.

"You never said this a few days back!"

But Avantika's face saddened at the mention. She thought of that fateful day. She did not regret that day. But she did not know her fate too.

Mahendra held her face.

"Avantika?"

"Shiva, that day..! I don't know. I was on a journey towards unknown destiny. I was walking towards my ambition. Saving Rani Devasena. I did not know what my future held for me. I did not know who was I. All I knew was saving Rani Devasena. Nothing else. But you came along. Introduced me to a part of myself that I did not know existed in me. When you told me that you climbed all those mountains just for me, I could not help myself. For that one moment, I want to live for myself. And I want to live it with you who brought that myself out. Because I thought may be I would never be there to live that moment. I was confident that I would save Rani Devasena.. But me?"

Mahendra pulled Avantika into a tight hug placing her face in his crook as he caressed her back calming down.

"Avantika! Calm down"

She just hugged him more hiding her face. He held her face and made her face him. Letting his thumb caress her cheeks..

"I know you were capable of saving Amma! You are my warrior Avantika"

"But at last I did leave it to you"

"No! I made you to. Remember you were injured."

"I know, I would have slowed you down."

"Definitely"

He said and she glared at him for making fun of her instead of supporting her.

"Avantika! Itu choodu! You could have save amma. Ok ? I know you. Sometimes not everything happens as per our wish. That's all"

Avantika put her head on his chest again.

"Are you planning to get me unconscious again?"

He asked trying to cheer her. She glared at him and was about to hit him when they heard Aslam screaming.

"AMMIIII"

Avantika almost lost her balance and was about to fall from the branch as Mahendra literally jumped. Both steadied themselves and looked at each other with wide eyes.