The (Mis)Understanding

DEVASENA!

Devasena turned to the balcony of her suite and was a bit taken aback to see Amarendra hanging there with his eyes shining red even in that night light. Devasena did not know what to do! Because in front of her stood his brother, warlord of Maahishmati, Bhallaladeva himself smirking at her. He had the guts to smirk at her. One side stood her husband to be and other side.. well, a creep! Yes, that is what her brother in law is.. A CREEP! And so was his father.

But that was the least of concern for her now! Now her main concern should be her husband to be finding her at this time of night facing another man who happened to be in her suite! She stood in between them as Amarendra climbed in and strode to the center of the hall where his wife and his brother stood and looked at them through his narrowed eyes. He could see Devasena standing there like statue just looking at him while his brother stood with his plastic face.

Amarendra: Enti jerugutondi ikada?

What is happening here?

He asked. It was as soft as it sounded but had the impact of Roaring Lion. Devasena stood to her height and was about to explain when Bhalla raced her to it. Only to spoil everything.

Bhalla: Tamari Rani ki manchi maatalu cheptunna Maharaja!

I was just putting some good sense into your queen, My majesty!

Amarendra raised his brow at his brother. He could see his brother eyeing his wife and he could also see the slight upward movement of his mouth below his mush like a sardonic smirk. Amarendra cleared his throat to have their attention.

Bhalla: Aa anumanapu choopu enti? Ee Raatri velalo, me Maharani gadhilo nannu choosina tharuvata thamaraki inka maatalu tho chepala Maharaja?

What is it about that suspicious look? Even after seeing me in your Queen's suite at this time of night, do you expect me to spell it out?

Amarendra: Ante, na Rani anumadhi thone nuvu ikadiki vachanu antunava Bhalla?

So you say that you are here on her permission?

There was a sadness and rage lacing his voice that had Devasena worrying. Yes, she was a strong woman. But not strong enough to overcome the thought of the man she loves suspecting her. Yes, she loves him. She can admit it openly to anyone anywhere. But will she get the chance?

Bhalla: Idi thamare ooginchali Maharaja. Ayithe.. Aagya Maharaja!

Now you should think that for yourself, my lord. If that is it. Let me take your leave My lord!

he gave a mock bow and was about to move out of the suit when he heard Amarendra.

Amarendra: Aagandi Senathipati!

Stop there Senathipati!

This time, it was Amarendra who addressed him with formality. He usually called him by name. But this formality, creeped Bhalla.. A little.

Bhalla: Maharaja!

He turned and stood taking his stare. Amarendra stood to his full height as he walked to Bhalla and stood in front of him.

Amarendra: Thamaru cheppalsindi chepparu.Konni prashnaliki samadhanam kuda cheppi veltaru kani!

You said what you have to. Now answer some of my questions.

Bhalla: Aagya!

As you say!

Amarendra: Maharani Devasena Anumathi toh thana gadhilo ki vacharante, thana chethullo unde katthiki ardham ento cheptara?