An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!

"Nanna

"Nanna.. Mahendra.."

Amarendra called from the threshold. His son was lying there on the saree on the floor. Mahendra made a noise and tried to roll around and turn his head. Amarendra chuckled and moved to him as Devasena came out wiping her dagger which made Amarendra chuckle more.

"Devasena! The fortune of a husband to see his wife welcome him with dagger!"

Devasena chuckled.

"Well, You married me"

Amarendra shook his head as he settled down with Avantika on his lap. Devasena took & straightened mahendra's cloth around his hip as she sat down beside them admiring Amarendra and almost a fortnight old Avantika.

Devasena understood how much he would care for their daughter, not that he cared any less for Mahendra. Suddenly she looked down as she heard a grunt and chuckled to see Mahendra trying to turn around. She took him and held him close smiling at him.

"Yem Nanna?"

He looked seriously into her eyes and made a sound. She shook her head and he shook his head too making her laugh. And he smiled making sounds. Amarendra chuckled and looked down at Avantika who was rolling her eyes at the noise. He took her in his arms minding to be careful with her head and neck and held her close to his face.

"Avantika.."

He called softly and saw her eyes rolling back to look into his. She moved her hands once and tried making a sound. This got Mahendra intrigued and he turned in Devasena's hold. Once his eyes caught Avantika, he shook his hands and kicked his legs making Amarendra and Devasena laugh.

"Evandi.. Look at him. He is all hyper!"

Amarendra shook his head and laid Avantika on the saree. Devasena lay Mahendra on his back on the saree and raised her brow to Amarendra who frowned. Devasena showed her eyes down. Amarendra looked down and saw Mahendra try to turn as he kept moving his head and flailing his hands. Amarendra saw with wonder as Mahendra rolled to his side kicking and kicking and once on side his hand straight went to Avantika's finger that was on her side. Avantika also kept looking at mahendra in wonder and once he caught her finger, she kicked.

Mahendra made a sound and Avantika tried replying in her own way. Smiling Mahendra tapped her palm and again held her finger.

"AWWW?"

Amarendra said which was effortlessly imitated by both babies making Devasena laugh.

"Deva?"

"Dont ask me!"

"He rolls?"

"Yeah!"

"But he was not able to right?"

"Inspiration is required to achieve anything"

Devasena grinned and Amarendra shook his head smiling.