The Fallen Warrior

Ajeya ran through the secret passageway to the insides of the fortress. He was so sure that he will find mischief makers with Maharaja Bhallaladeva. But instead, on the way, in the infirmary he saw Maharani Prasanna Devi who was awake putting little Bhadra to sleep.

"Maharani Prasanna Devi"

She looked up and saw Ajeya standing there in his war armor.

"I am Ajeya from Kunthalam."

"What happened? Devasena and Bavagaru are fine?"

"No time for all those Maharani. I think you should leave this place with Yuvaraja as soon as possible. Something serious has come up."

"But.. Rajamata.. Maharaja."

"I will see to them. But now Yuvaraja and your life are important as well."

Saying Ajeya was about to take Bhadra when a dagger pierced his hand making him wince and turn to see the source. Ajeya's eyes widened as he saw Bhallaladeva standing there with an evil grin.

"Bhallaladeva"

Ajeya mumbled.

"MAHARAJA BHALLALADEVA"

Bhalla said as he threw another dagger aiming his heart. Ajeya fell down gasping for breath and life.

"Die! Your Death will get me my prize! How dare you try to take my son and wife away from me. If you can save your breath.. Go and save your Rani and Yuvaraja."

Bhalla said as he took Bhadra from Prasanna and walked out dragging Prasanna along. After locking her away with Bhadra, he rushed to Sivagami knowing that Ajeya would have made his way out of the fortress by now.

"Amma!"

"You asked for proof! Come out and see"

Sivagami rushed to the high tower and saw Ajeya rushing towards Baahubali near the warfield rocks.

"He was in the infirmary with Prasanna and bhadra."

Sivagami stood looking as she saw her son looking around with his face closing in anger. Her son, whom she thought to be the follower of Dharma, was there with a Kunthala warrior at his feet. Everything blurred in front of her as she summoned Kattappa.

"KATTAPPA!"

There Amarendra looked at Ajeya who had let his life in his feet. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He remembered The last words spoke Ajeya spoke to him.

"Rani yuvaraja.. Save them.."

He knew his wife. He trusted her to be safe and keep the kids safe. Moreover, he trusted Naayaka and Sulochana too. He had already given instructions for them to take Devasena, kids and leave to the hideout while Bhargava and Naayaka can save Kunthalam from the assassins. So he knew that his family was safe. So he marched forward only for a small troop of soldiers to stop him. Amarendra frowned. They were not Maahishmati army. So he fought them trying to move forward towards the fortress.

Kattappa got on his horse and moved towards the warfield trying to contain his tears. The words Sivagami said kept ringing in his ears and head.

"What do you do when there is a person rebelling against Maahishmati Kattappa?"

"Imprison them. Kuthraka pothey.. Champeyali as per law."

"You are to do what the King or Rajamata orders right?"

"Yes. As per the promise, we do anything for the authorities of the Throne of Maahishmati."

"So as an Authority, I can order you?"