Doubts and Determination

It was like old times. There was a meeting with all the important people. And importantly, common people were also present. There was no head chair. Amarendra and Devasena sat among the people.

"So.. after all the discussions and meetings, we have come to a conclusion. Is that right Maharaja?"

Devasena asked Amarendra. Amarendra frowned at her addressing him so formally. He never liked that. But she very strictly refused to address him by his given name in the filled cabinet.

How much he tried to persuade her. All in vain.

So he just nodded making her chuckle.

"So shall we announce?"

She turned to everyone. All present there gave their consent.

"Avantika, come here. Read this."

She said and handed her a leaf containing the list. Avantika happily nodded her head.

"The following is the list of the ministers who will be responsible for the welfare of the concerned ministries under them and help in proper governing of this kingdom."

She announced and started reading the names.

Ministry of food and agriculture - Sanga ma

Ministry of Forest, Tribal welfare and Health- Chandrayya

Ministry of external affairs- Paartheeba

Ministry of Women and children welfare- Raasi

Ministry of Sports and Youth Welfare- Amarendra Baahubali

Ministry of Defense and Army maintenance- Veyyappa Naayaka

Ministry of Trade and commerce - Aslam Khan

Ministry of Home Affairs- Devasena

Ministry of Education- Kattappa

She completed the list and looked around once to see only smiling faces. She smiled and continued.

"All the ministers will be reporting to the King and Queen, Amarendra Baahubali and Devasena."

The concerned people who were announced as ministers stood up as Avantika read the names and at last Amarendra addressed everyone.

"We all together will take our royal Oath tomorrow, which is auspicious as per our royal priest, Gautama Shastry garu and as per tradition, the Military head, who is our Defense Minister will lead the royal march. After I receive and accept the crown, there will be a meeting arranged with the new ministry and important decisions will be taken and will be implemented immediately."

People rejoiced very much that they clapped their hands and showed their happiness.

"This session ends here. Anyone can approach any of us for any clarifications. Let us make preparations for tomorrow. Andariki maa Pranamaalu."

Devasena ended the session and everyone rushed to look into the arrangements for the upcoming day. The Ministry too dispersed.

They all went to a hut they had set in the village that was close to the walls of the Maahishmati city fortress. They hadn't yet occupied the Royal Palace because it had too many memories in it that they weren't ready yet to relive. The Palace did hold some good, very good memories for Amarendra and Devasena. But it held very bad conspiracies that spun around them too.

The memories of the evil dominated that of the good ones as they had just faced the demon. They were yet to move on from what they have gone through for all these days, years.