The Fall of The Evil

Mahendra and Amarendra moved forward and bent down near the cell were Devasena was held prisoner for more than two decades

Mahendra and Amarendra moved forward and bent down near the cell were Devasena was held prisoner for more than two decades. The father son duo did not require any prompting as both took the chains that were wound around Devasena all those years.

Amarendra for a moment thought of when Devasena was held in chains in front of a whole court, that too for no mistake of hers. He just hated that sight. He just couldn't think of her being held as such for twenty five years.

His grip around the chains tightened. Mahendra was already moving forward as Bhallaladeva come forward swinging his mace's flail to hit Mahendra when Amarendra swung the chains that hit Bhallaladeva square on his cheek.

"Ahh.. Good to see you too brother! You have cheated death!"

He said as his flail caught Amarendra on his chest. Mahendra threw the chains in hands to break that contact.

"How heartening to see that the father and son have come together. Now I can happily finish you both and be satisfied! I so missed killing you brother."

But as he finished, Mahendra swung the chain that caught Bhallaladeva on his back. Amarendra's blow landed on Bhallaladeva's chest. Angered beyond limits, he ran forward holding his mace to hit anyone of the two. But Amarendra and Mahendra who had wound the chains around their wrists and palms like gloves of iron, hit Bhallaladeva's biceps making him lose his grip on the mace which flew out of his hand and fell in the pond nearby.

The father son duo were relentless. Their eyes burned just like the fire eating up the small bridge nearby. Devasena's face had no expression, but her eyes were only on her goal. Her steps did not deter. All three of them had the same emotion burning in them.

Bhallaladeva was no less. He never got what he wanted in his life. His mother took in an orphan who got more love than him. His father was so into his own grudge against his deceased brother that he did not have time to spare some love for him. The girl he desired chose his orphan foster brother. The throne he yearned all his life, so as to get all the attention to himself did not give him the taste of victory as somewhere he always knew that it would not be with him always. At last, his son, on whom he poured all his love and affection also was not by his side. He was always left alone.

That loneliness burned in him that made him want to kill all three of them in front of him. The girl who is the reason for all this, the man who put him in this position and the product of their love. He wanted them to be vanished off the face of earth once and for all.

Amarendra and Mahendra looked at the iron cell and nodded to each other as they charged on Bhallaladeva stood up ready to face them and he was determined to finish them off before his last breath.

Amarendra's blow caught Bhallaladeva on the face while Mahendra's blow caught him in his guts, making him kneel down. Bhallaladeva looked around and found a linchpin fallen off of some chariot. He took it and charged towards Mahendra. He wanted to finish that monkey fellow in front of his brother's eyes so that he can know the feeling of losing a son.