Haunting of the Forgotten

It  was a little more than one jaamam before the sunrise when Amarendra silently walked out to the horses

It was a little more than one jaamam before the sunrise when Amarendra silently walked out to the horses. Sultan who saw him immediately came closer.

"Sultan.."

He said giving him sugar treats and caressed his mane.

"Sultan.. Today is a big day. In case of anything going wrong.. I want you to take care of others. Understand?"

Sultan snorted. Bahadur also came closer and took treats from Amarendra's hands making him chuckle. He treated Dheera too who came there looking at others.

"Treats only for them?"

He turned to see Devasena standing there treating Saira, Vibhi and Mahira.

"You are up?"

"Couldn't sleep Amarendra."

He understood her. He sighed.

"Me neither."

"What do you want Devasena? Before the war? Anything? Any wish I need to fulfill?"

Devasena frowned at him.

"Its not like this war is end of our life!"

She scowled at him.

"I know Deva. But still, I cannot trust myself. I was meant to be hacked to death. But somehow I survived. But will I survive again?"

"Am I seeing the great Maharaja Amarendra Baahubali having self doubts?"

Devasena raised her brow as Amarendra shook his head.

"Ledu Deva.. I am being practical."

"Practical? Seriously? Cant you see that nothing can touch you if you do not wish? After seeing the death in the eye, how can you say something so stupid?"

Amarendra stood like a small child getting scolded by his mother.

"But one thing you can do for me though"

She said with a thoughtful expression on her face. Amarendra raised his brow.

"Can you take me to Kunthalam?"

Amarendra frowned at her.

"I want to see my place once before.."

Amarendra understood her unfinished statement.

"Now who is being uncertain and doubtful?"

He tried to lighten her mood.

"I meant to say before I slay in the war I want to look at the place I was raised in, where I learnt all my war techniques, the land that made me what I am today"

Amarendra chuckled. Trust his wife to divert uncertainty to pride.

"You know that you don't have to ask me. You should order me around like my Deva"