The King and Queen

Amarendra was standing in front of the life size portrait of his mother. It was like she stood before him. This portrait of hers was painted by royal artists after he and Bhallaladeva returned from Gurukulam.

The artists had caught the thoughts running in her mind perfectly on the canvas.

"You know Deva, this was painted at the time when she had gone through many meetings and put us through many tests so that people can have the right King

"You know Deva, this was painted at the time when she had gone through many meetings and put us through many tests so that people can have the right King. This was the time when she was in deep thoughts trying to scale us so that she can decide who can take over the throne."

Amarendra explained. Devasena smiled.

"Artists have captured that beautifully here."

She praised them. Amarendra moved to another portrait of Sivagami Devi sitting on her usual Tiger inscribed chair.

 Amarendra moved to another portrait of Sivagami Devi sitting on her usual Tiger inscribed chair

Devasena gasped. Because, the portrait showed Sivagami in a pose of giving a judgement. And she very well identified the brush strokes.

"Did you?"

Amarendra sighed.

"This is how I always saw Amma. A careful listener and a proper judge who never left her justice behind."

Not letting them dwell more on it, Mahendra came running adjusting his royal attire. Seeing this the proud parents chuckled.

Amarendra corrected Mahendra's vastra and Devasena tied the earpieces properly that had turned askew.

"Nana! I am not used to this vastra hanging behind me like this. And all these heavy earpieces, neck ones and all."

Mahendra chided, making his parents chuckle.

"We can make lighter ones Nanna."

Amarendra said and smiled at Devasena with his eyes twinking. She too smiled as she remembered how even she was not used to heavy jewels before she became his wife. Just like he made new lighter ones for her, he would get their son lighter jewels too.

"Coming to Vastram, Nanna Mahendra, you can wear whatever you like in privacy, but when you go out on royal works, you should dress better."

Devasena said.