Shobanam- The Wedding Night

Amarendra entered his suite which was decorated beautifully. He took in everything as he entered the bed chamber which was canopy of flowers. He smiled himself as he could feel his face warming. He went around the bed checking and then went to the parapet adjoining the little balcony there. Then he walked back to his.. their bed and walked here and there in impatience. Then he stood in the middle of the room and chuckled at himself.

Amarendra: Enti idi!

He shook his head smiling for what he was doing. At last his wife made him talk to himself and laugh at himself. LOVE! What it makes of a man! He shook his head again when he felt that! Like something creeping on his back. He felt that when he was being watched. Now that was a creepy feeling spooking him.

Before he could do anything or grasp what was that about this feeling, he felt his vasthram being tugged. Before he could think and act, the tug pulled him and made him land straight on the bed pulling the canopy of flowers along.

He turned this side and that side trying to get a sight of whoever was doing this to him. He was about to roll and leap for his sword when a flower string came around his neck tugging him back. He turned to his back and found his attacker standing outside the canopy of flowers over his bed. He smirked as he gave into the tug and reached the bed end. But instead of getting down, he pulled the string making his capturer land on him. He heard a wince and next he winced.

Amarendra: Maharani Devasena! Mee Aatalu maa thona? Andulonu ee Korakadalu karavadalu enti?

You are playing with me? And what is it with Biting?

He asked basking the giggling bundle in arms and he rolled and lay on the bed center with Devasena in in arms. Devasena garlanded her arms around his neck as he did the same around her waist.

Devasena: Maharaja Amarendra! thamari aata intha choosam. Ippudu Na aata choosduru kani!

You played so much. Now see my game.

Amarendra: Ahaan!

He raised his eyebrow at her, but she chuckled and blindfolded his eyes startling him.

Amarendra: Devasena!

Devasena: Shantinchandi!

Relax!

She pulled him with her and soon they were walking, jumping and what not. Somewhat Amarendra had an idea where Devasena was pulling him. But he obliged. Married man's pulling string was always in his wife's hands. That was proved any how tonight. And he was only happy to let her pull his strings.

Suddenly he felt his blindfold coming out. He adjusted his vision and looked around. He was awed at what he saw. Everywhere it was green. There was one false wall that had a flower art that showed a Horse and Swan had joined. He was so touched by the gesture. He heard anklets sound resonating in the place that was star lit and fragranced by many flowers and a unique fragrance of his wife.

He turned and saw her in a very simple white saree unlike the heavy pink silk saree and instead of so many jewels she was wearing just a simple neckpiece and bangles apart from Mangalsutra and engagement ring. Her forehead was adorned with sindoor that showed the world that she was his. She looked up at him with her eyes shining in happiness.

Amarendra: Devasena?

He asked unsure. But she just smiled and walked to him.

Devasena: Maharaju ga, Maharani ga, manaku eppudu baajyathalu untune untayi Amarendra. Kani mana madhyalo, thamaru Maharaju kadu, Nenu Rani kanu. Eek Kshanam manadhi. Nenu oka samaanya ammayi ni, meeru na bharta.. Enti Amarendra?