12

I blew out the candles and cut the cake. After we ate we all sat in the living room and talked. I noticed that V wasn't talking. He was silently fidgeting with his hands.

"V?" I asked. He looked up at me.

"You alright?" I asked. He nodded his head.

Jungkook grabbed my hand and I looked at him. He smiled and winked at me. I was confused until we suddenly teleported. I looked around and saw a lake. It was really pretty.

"Do you like it?" He asked while grabbing both of my hands.

"It's beautiful." I told him.

"This is where I come when I want to get away." He said while glancing around. His eyes locked with mine. I stood on my tip toes and pecked his lips.

"Happy birthday Marley." He said. He released my hands before cupping my cheeks and kissing me again. For some reason it seemed different. It was almost like he wasn't trying. It was like her didn't feel anything anymore. I cupped his cheeks as a gentle gesture and began to read his mind. The only thing on his mind was V.

I broke away from him and looked into his eyes. He looked confused, until the realization hit him.

"You shouldn't just do that to people. You could have warned me. It's none of your business." He said. I could tell he was getting madder.

"And how long were you going to keep leading me on? Pretending that you are into me? Did you even like me in the first place or was I just a distraction? Was I a distraction from your dreams?" I was so mad. How could he kiss me while thinking about someone else. While thinking about a guy!

"I'm sorry. I should have told you. I just- I don't know." He was obviously still mad, but I could tell he was feeling guilty.

"You know, if you needed a distraction, you didn't have to fake it." I said.

"I wasn't faking it, until V came back. I had a connection with V before he left. Then once he came back, any feelings I ever had for him, came back." He said.

So anytime he seemed jealous, it wasn't because V was with me. It was because I was with V. He was jealous of me.

I didn't know if I was supposed to be mad, or not care.

"Please forgive me." He begged. I couldn't be mad anymore. There were tears filling in his eyes. I couldn't see him cry.

"I forgive you." I said. I was expecting a bit of pain out of it. But there wasn't any pain in talking. My throat was sore, but it didn't hurt bad.

"Let's go back." I said. I walked over to him and hugged him. With that we were back in his room. We walked back downstairs.

"Welcome back!" Chen said.

"Hey!" I said. I noticed V smiling once I spoke.

"Look who's go their voice back." I jumped at the sound of Vernon behind me. I turned around as his figure formed in front of me. I took a step back and giggled.

"Don't do that!" I yelped. The pitch of my voice causing me to cough painfully. Vernon came up and gripped my arms.

"Are you okay? Sorry for scaring you." He said. It was a genuine gesture, but it felt strange. I nodded to his question and walked over to the couches.

"Glad you have your voice back." V said.

"I know I am. I don't have to say everything through Namjoon anymore." I said. He laughed and nodded.

"Okay now that you are in good condition, we need to make a plan." Hoseok said.

"Plan?" Rose questioned.

"Or at least train. We are going to have to defeat the government at some point." He replied.

"We can't train here." Chen countered.

"Exactly. We will go to the 'vacation' house." Hoseok said putting emphasis on 'vacation'.

"Okay. When will we leave?" Jin asked.

"We can leave late tomorrow. We will have time to pack, and it will be late, so it'll be hard for us to get caught by anyone." Hoseok said. I was taken aback.

Vacation house? Is this an actually vacation house, or is this a boot camp?

"Are you guys forgetting someone?" Jimin asked. Everyone looked at me.

"She's never been." Yoongi said.

"It's about a five hour drive. It's where we go to get away from here. It really is a vacation house, but we can also use it to train. It's secluded so we don't have to worry about people." Hoseok explained.

"Worry about people?" I questioned.

"No one knows it's there. It's in the middle of nowhere. We can train using our powers without worrying about people catching us." Chanyeol said. I nodded. For some reason, I was scared to go.

I was going to have to use my powers. I was afraid of hurting someone again.

"Well if we are leaving tomorrow, everyone needs to get some sleep." Xiumin said. We all agreed and went to our rooms. Instead of going to Jungkook's room, I went to the spare room. It was weird trying to sleep alone now. I felt so safe with Jungkook. Now I feel vulnerable.

Once I thought everyone was asleep I heard a knock at my door. I got up and opened the door to see V.

"Hey what's up?" I asked.

"Are you okay? You aren't in Jungkook's room and you seemed upset while Hoseok was talking." He said.

"I-I'm fine." I said. Obviously lying.

"I know you are lying." He said. Forgot he had psionic abilities.

I moved aside and let him walk in.

"All I can tell you is that jungkook and I aren't together. I can't tell you the reason. That's for him to tell." I said. He looked at me seeming confused.

"Why can't you tell me. Aren't you mad at him? Did you read him or did he tell you?" V kept asking. I knew he was trying to make me mad so I would tell him on accident.

"V, it's not going to work." I said before coughing.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm fine. I need some rest." I said.

"Okay." He said before leaving. I sat down on my bed and stared at the dark room. I wanted to cry, but I didn't. I just sat there and thought. I eventually laid down and fell asleep. It wasn't good sleep, but it was sleep.