30

"Father?" I asked while knocking on his office door.

"Yes? I'm busy make it quick." He replied.

"I hate his bipolar attitude. It was like this when I was younger. It's like his true personality shows through only certain times." I told my new found friend.

"I really want some of my things from the house. I'm bored to death here. Can I please retrieve them?" I asked.

"Yes, take two guards with you and Kyungsoo." He said. My eyes widened. I turned to the guards standing behind Kyungsoo and myself. They were younger, in between Kyungsoo's, and my age.

"You all wanna come with us?" Kyungsoo asked. They nodded.

"Ew. Loosen up. You don't have to be so serious around us. We are as strict as my father." I said. They both smiled and almost laughed.

"Come on." Kyungsoo said as he pulled me to the door. We stepped out and walked to the house.

"Just stay outside. They wouldn't hurt a hair on either of our heads. We'll call if we need you." I said. They nodded and just stood there. I went up and knocked on the door. The door opened and Jungkook looked at me.

"Marley! KYUNGSOO?" He called. He went to hug me but I took a step back.

"Don't touch her, or myself." Kyungsoo said.

"Move out of the way." I said with warning in my tone. The sadness in his eyes hurt me. I just prayed that I wouldn't have to see Vernon. But I guess the world was against me.

Jungkook moved and I walked in. Vernon came running for me, but Kyungsoo stood in front of me and grabbed my hand. Vernon stopped and I could tell he had been crying.

"Marley. What's going on?" I heard J-hope ask.

"I am here to retrieve the things I desire. I have no need to make contact with any of you. So please move out of my way and there won't be trouble. I have guards waiting outside so don't test me. You can test me in two days though." I said with a wink. They all moved and I noticed tears in Vernon's eyes. I forced myself to ignore it and I walked up the stairs to get my phone. I got my phone and turned around to run into Kyungsoo.

"Hi." He said.

"Mhm." I replied. I grabbed his hand and we walked out of the room. The others were in the living room and all stood when they saw us walking.

"Marley, please." Vernon pleaded.

"Marley. I'm sorry. Your mom was brought back for bait, she wasn't going to let herself be used like that. She had to st-" I held up my hand with a small spark in it.

"I don't care what your excuse was. Don't make me have a problem today. I'm saving it for later. My father won't be very happy if we have to move his plans two days earlier." I warned. I felt tears threatening my eyes and Kyungsoo squeezed my hand.

"Let's go." He said. He pulled me from the building.

"Did you do it?" One of the guards asked.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Kill Vernon?" The other guard responded.

"We made you kill him. How come you didn't respond?" The guard asked.

SHIT!

"They are trying to make me kill him early. The chip is gone. I didn't do it." I told Kyungsoo.

"I'm sorry. I'll be right back." I said before walking back in. I saw the fear in Kyungsoo's eyes.

***

Marley walked back inside and grabbed Vernon by the neck. He was struggling then stopped. She dragged him outside after making eye contact with Namjoon.

"I'm sorry." She said with sarcasm.

"I love you." He said before she snapped his neck. HIs body fell limp on the ground in front of them. She stepped over his lifeless body and Kyungsoo looked terrified.

"Good luck boys. See ya in two days!" She said before walking back to the government base.